Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Max and 99

Creating a new waymark - glitch

Recommended Posts

Don Morfe has asked me to forward this issue:

 

It seems to be one of several issues related to changes on the site. Maybe!

 

In the last four days I have had a problem in posting on Waymark. When I type in the category and bounces and will not let me post. I have been able to create a few postings. I tried to also show as a favorite in the category. I transfer that in, complete
the name, GPS info etc. click on the save and continue button to go to images, and bingo-it comes back
to page one empty.

Share this post


Link to post

I have the same experience with MS IE 11 (after selecting a department the page refreshes and asks for the department again), but Chrome works fine.

 

Edited by PISA-caching

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/16/2019 at 3:13 PM, Max and 99 said:

Don Morfe has asked me to forward this issue:

 

It seems to be one of several issues related to changes on the site. Maybe!

 

In the last four days I have had a problem in posting on Waymark. When I type in the category and bounces and will not let me post. I have been able to create a few postings. I tried to also show as a favorite in the category. I transfer that in, complete
the name, GPS info etc. click on the save and continue button to go to images, and bingo-it comes back
to page one empty.

I managed to submit a couple of waymarks then all of a sudden my pages keep returning to blank pages after I enter the info and save it. Over and over and over.

 

IE was the only browser that would even allow me onto Waymarking. I can't get on using Chrome (currently, it says it can't access the website), so no chance I can fix the issue the way suggested.

 

Dang this is super frustrating! I have soooooo much to post!

Edited by Max and 99

Share this post


Link to post

This is not a problem I have experienced but I seem to create WMs differently!

 

When creating a WM I have a list of shorcuts to my favourite categories so just click on the relevant one and it takes me straight to the WM creation page for that category.

 

If I am creating in a category that I do not have as a shotcut then I use this Waymarking page.

 

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't had that problem with Safari, however the site has been extremely slow to navigate the last few weeks. I assume it's due to maintenance. Maybe it has something to do with it?

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Master Mariner said:

This is not a problem I have experienced but I seem to create WMs differently!

 

When creating a WM I have a list of shorcuts to my favourite categories so just click on the relevant one and it takes me straight to the WM creation page for that category.

 

If I am creating in a category that I do not have as a shotcut then I use this Waymarking page.

 

Good luck!

I always use a shortcut when creating a new Waymarking, almost always from a waymark I already have in that category. Someone else told me that they create from scratch, and can't anymore, so my shortcut works for them.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/22/2019 at 6:28 PM, bluesnote said:

I haven't had that problem with Safari, however the site has been extremely slow to navigate the last few weeks. I assume it's due to maintenance. Maybe it has something to do with it?

I agree, I'm using the latest version of Chrome, everything works for me, but post new waymark,  upload photos takes about 2-3 times more than about a month ago :-(

Don't you see it too?

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, ToRo61 said:

I agree, I'm using the latest version of Chrome, everything works for me, but post new waymark,  upload photos takes about 2-3 times more than about a month ago :-(

Don't you see it too?

I am seeing a really slow website as well.

Share this post


Link to post

Unfortunately some of the changes we've made for CCPA and GDPR have had some negative impacts on the page load durations. In the next week or so, once all our devs are back in the office, we'll be working to get it back to the normal levels.

 

bootron

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bootron said:

Unfortunately some of the changes we've made for CCPA and GDPR have had some negative impacts on the page load durations. In the next week or so, once all our devs are back in the office, we'll be working to get it back to the normal levels.

 

bootron

Thank you bootron... but make the most of the holidays first! Happy New Year to all at Groundspeak (in advance)!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

×
×
  • Create New...