Creating a new waymark - glitch

Max and 99

Don Morfe has asked me to forward this issue:

It seems to be one of several issues related to changes on the site. Maybe!

In the last four days I have had a problem in posting on Waymark. When I type in the category and bounces and will not let me post. I have been able to create a few postings. I tried to also show as a favorite in the category. I transfer that in, complete
the name, GPS info etc. click on the save and continue button to go to images, and bingo-it comes back
to page one empty.

On 12/16/2019 at 3:13 PM, Max and 99 said:

Don Morfe has asked me to forward this issue:

It seems to be one of several issues related to changes on the site. Maybe!

In the last four days I have had a problem in posting on Waymark. When I type in the category and bounces and will not let me post. I have been able to create a few postings. I tried to also show as a favorite in the category. I transfer that in, complete
the name, GPS info etc. click on the save and continue button to go to images, and bingo-it comes back
to page one empty.

I managed to submit a couple of waymarks then all of a sudden my pages keep returning to blank pages after I enter the info and save it. Over and over and over.

IE was the only browser that would even allow me onto Waymarking. I can't get on using Chrome (currently, it says it can't access the website), so no chance I can fix the issue the way suggested.

Dang this is super frustrating! I have soooooo much to post!

Edited by Max and 99
8 hours ago, Master Mariner said:

This is not a problem I have experienced but I seem to create WMs differently!

When creating a WM I have a list of shorcuts to my favourite categories so just click on the relevant one and it takes me straight to the WM creation page for that category.

If I am creating in a category that I do not have as a shotcut then I use this Waymarking page.

Good luck!

I always use a shortcut when creating a new Waymarking, almost always from a waymark I already have in that category. Someone else told me that they create from scratch, and can't anymore, so my shortcut works for them.

On 12/22/2019 at 6:28 PM, bluesnote said:

I haven't had that problem with Safari, however the site has been extremely slow to navigate the last few weeks. I assume it's due to maintenance. Maybe it has something to do with it?

I agree, I'm using the latest version of Chrome, everything works for me, but post new waymark,  upload photos takes about 2-3 times more than about a month ago :-(

Don't you see it too?

1 hour ago, bootron said:

Unfortunately some of the changes we've made for CCPA and GDPR have had some negative impacts on the page load durations. In the next week or so, once all our devs are back in the office, we'll be working to get it back to the normal levels.

bootron

Thank you bootron... but make the most of the holidays first! Happy New Year to all at Groundspeak (in advance)!