Drought and the effects of it on the Fall leaves

civilwarranger

Parts of the South-East has been under drought conditions. I am planning to visit the Asheville , NC region for the Fall color and for some caching. What effect will the the drought have on the color? Any one in Asheville or surrounding area care to give a color report? Will be in the area mid October. Many thanks.

If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?

Don't know if you've been to Asheville yet, but I live here, and the fall color is almost non-exsistent. The past 2 weekends I went to Graveyard Fields and Max Patch (both higher elevations than Asheville) and there was still very little color.

Still a great place to visit and lots of great caches in the area.

Autumn is runing late up here in the northeast. Might be doing the same down there. Foliage Reports is a good source - they track the foliage throughout the season and keep archives of reports for past seasons. They also have places to stay to view the foliage; in fact I figure these places pay for the web, but the reports seem fairly unbiased. They also iundicate the leaf fall percentages.

Alan