Coordinates in lab cache text

rragan

Advice from yesterday's experience doing a lab -- don't put extra coordinates into the body of your lab description if you can avoid it. In this case the published coords took me to the start of an alley of murals. Then I was supposed to walk down the alley and appreciate the murals until I reached some coordinates from the description. I wanted to put the cords into another app as a waypoint and go until reaching that. You can't partly copy the lab text, just the whole thing which means putting that in Notes and stripping away all but the Coords. Or I could have written the coords on paper or (as I ended up doing having a partner with a GPS tell me when we reached the coords in the text. 

Ideally, make the published coords be the target. I can see the owner wanting you to walk the length of the alley and enjoy the murals, so then use the compass view and tell the user to walk the alley until they were 245'NW to look for the answer. 

Best would be for HQ to allow copying just parts of the text. 

• Helpful 1