Downloading Wherigo cartridges

Der Wald-Pirat

9 hours ago, SpiritGuide said:

Only on iPhones

On Android too... Since friday, I and other friends have not been able to download any cartidges with Whereyougo. It just says "Download: Error" when we try to download the cartidge from the Whereyougo app. But we can download the cartidge from the website and put it in the folder containing the other cartidges and it works.

13 hours ago, ironAss said:

On Android too... Since friday, I and other friends have not been able to download any cartidges with Whereyougo. It just says "Download: Error" when we try to download the cartidge from the Whereyougo app. But we can download the cartidge from the website and put it in the folder containing the other cartidges and it works.

Even this doesn't work for some users: https://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=2d07ef88-f141-4f58-9b77-ea5af72680c4

The Wherigo.com website recently changed the download URL to HTTPS for security reasons where previously that only applied to logins. Apps downloading from the site need to be updated. Since the WhereYouGo is barely being maintained it may not ever be able to directly download cartridges now. But there will be a new Geooh GO release this week to support the change. The iPhone apps have even greater problems.

4 hours ago, SpiritGuide said:

The Wherigo.com website recently changed the download URL to HTTPS for security reasons where previously that only applied to logins. Apps downloading from the site need to be updated. Since the WhereYouGo is barely being maintained it may not ever be able to directly download cartridges now. But there will be a new Geooh GO release this week to support the change. The iPhone apps have even greater problems.

In the great scheme of life https is of course better. However for Wherigo.com was that really an issue, is there any transmission data that required protecting?

3 hours ago, DrJeckyloftheDunes said:

Is there an easy work around? I can't find where my cartridges are stored in my phone. I was trying to find them to drop the new downloaded cartridge in that folder.

On my phone, cartridges can be found in <internal memory>/Android/Data/menion.android.whereyougo/WIG/.

I had some difficulties copying the cartridge from the Download folder to that folder, as the Android system changes the extension of the file. After the copy you will have to manually rename the file extension back to gwc.

3 hours ago, StefandD said:

On my phone, cartridges can be found in <internal memory>/Android/Data/menion.android.whereyougo/WIG/.

I had some difficulties copying the cartridge from the Download folder to that folder, as the Android system changes the extension of the file. After the copy you will have to manually rename the file extension back to gwc.

You are awesome and have saved my sanity. I was looking all over for the folder. It even stayed in the gwc extension for me.