Lake Cumerland/Somerset, KY area

Guest johnhewitt_2000@yahoo.com

Guest johnhewitt_2000@yahoo.com

I live near Nancy, KY (not far from Somerset/Lake Cumberland) and would like to try this out in my area. I am NEW to this (just now seriously looking at GPS units), but hate to have to hide caches from myself! Anyone else in the area interested?

Guest Quinnow

John...I know how you feel! if you don't have anyone in your area that does geocaching, its not that they dont want to, its because they just don't know about the sport. I am in upstate ny and had the same problem. what I did was contacted the news and papers about the sport, I had fast reply's via e-mail of papers and channels that wanted to do a story, now I am getting them all the time and more and more people are plannning to make caches and my hidden caches have been visited often with more people planning on going out soon.

get in touch with your media there and see if they can help. or also look for local forums and post the sport for others to see...good luck and have fun!

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com