How long does it take for earthcaches to be published?

Ocean5000

At the risk of sounding pedantic, there is no standard timeline for publication, because publication can't be assumed.  The standard for a reviewer to respond to a cache submission is normally seven days, but it can be longer for earthcaches.  We're all volunteers, so sometimes work or other priorities can interfere with our reviewing duties.  In the US, this is the crunch time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, which adds another factor to complicate things.  Both of your recently submitted earthcaches have been properly submitted for review and are in the review queue.  I can't speak for the local earthcache reviewer, so I'd just recommend patience until they're able to get to your caches.

I do note that both of your recent earthcache submissions appear to be located within US national parks, and you have not provided proof that you have permission from the National Park Service for either listing.  Permission is required for all caches on NPS land.  So, while you're waiting for feedback from the local earthcache reviewer, I'd highly recommend getting with park staff in both locations to get that permission, as neither will be publishable without NPS permission.

When working with NPS for permission, you'll need more than a ranger or volunteer.  Start by contacting the park headquarters.  There is no standard from park to park as to the point of contact for cache permission; for the earthcaches we've placed with our player profile, I've worked with a park superintendent and an education/outreach coordinator, if I recall correctly.  Both parks have published geocaches, though, so park staff should be able to direct you to the right person.

There are other threads in this forum that discuss working with NPS; here's one example.

• Helpful 7
1 hour ago, Ocean5000 said:

Thank you very much GeoAwareUSA9. We have sent the NPS an email for our earthcaches in Denali and Glacier Bay National Park.

We had to work with the county park system to get our earthcache reviewed.  It had several corrections and add ins that it required.  "The iron produced was not just for armaments for the Revolutionary War, but also for implements."  "Please add:  Stay on the trails, and do not remove any of the iron ore."  It took a week or two to satisfy the county parks department, but it was required by GS.

I've got the same issue with my Earthcache in Ticino (Switzerland). I first sent it in on September 10th 2019, then the Reviewer told me to do some corrections which I did and handed it back in on 16th of November 2019, since there no response so more than 1.5 months now.

What can I do?

7 hours ago, Jack Dalton said:

I've got the same issue with my Earthcache in Ticino (Switzerland). I first sent it in on September 10th 2019, then the Reviewer told me to do some corrections which I did and handed it back in on 16th of November 2019, since there no response so more than 1.5 months now.

What can I do?

Maybe send an email directly to the reviewer to see if any more changes would be needed to proceed.  Maybe it got overlooked.