Hitchhiking camera.

Guest ekobres

Guest ekobres

one 2/6/2001 at approx 2:00 PM, I place a hitchhiking camera into the geocache at waypoint GC1EB on www.geocaching.com.

The idea is that this camera will make a journey from cache to cache, taking a picture of the geocacher and each newly visited cache site.

When it runs out of film, hopefully the final recipient will contact me and send the camera to me so I can post all of the pictures and comments from the geocachers on the web!

What do you guys think of this idea? Any theories on how long it will take a 27 exposure camera to make the trip? Do you think we will ever hear from it again?

-Erick

Guest tjbowers

I'll try to help your camera out on its journey! Assuming most folks hunt with a friend it'll take at least two frames per cache (one to pose, one to snap pic, and then switch roles). That should make about 13 caches visited. We should see quite a bit of activity this spring and summer so hopefully you'll get your camera back by late summer (assuming you ever get it back, of course). The greatest risk to caches is looting by passers-by. I can't wait to see the photos if your camera makes it back home!

BTW, I tried to follow the "cacher's website" link from the geocaching.com page on your cache and I couldn't pull up the page. Is the link correct or was this just a burp on the net?

tjb http://home.att.net/~tjbowers/

Originally posted by ekobres:

one 2/6/2001 at approx 2:00 PM, I place a hitchhiking camera into the geocache at waypoint GC1EB on www.geocaching.com

What do you guys think of this idea? Any theories on how long it will take a 27 exposure camera to make the trip? Do you think we will ever hear from it again?

-Erick

[/b]