Multiple images in gallery

Throsbyonchurch

I just want ask Groundspeak to PLEASE change the gallery back to the way it was originally, with only cache log images in the gallery.

I love to go the extra mile and write logs for the trackables and as much as I can include photos. However, if I log a cache and upload a photo and then log multiple trackables in hand and upload the same image to each one my gallery is populated with multiple copies of the same image. I really hate it.

Plus, many trackables don't have an image of itself in the trackable's image gallery, so I try to take and upload a photo so that other cachers can see it in case there is any doubt over what it looks like. I have been in that situation before. So your own gallery is then populated with trackable images which I personally don't think is needed.

If other cachers prefer the gallery like this then maybe we could have an option to switch off photos from the trackables gallery showing up in the cache image gallery.

Thank you.

Capture.JPG

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2

I guess I don't look at my own "Gallery" often - I did after reading this, and at the top it says:
Gallery

This is an automatically-created collection of the photos included with the logs written by <insert cacher name here> - so any log you write and include a photo, it will show up.  Trackable and Cache logs both.  Perhaps a separate tab for trackable logs would be nice...?

Since I rarely include the same photo in multiple logs, I haven't seen this duplication of photos.  Yes, my photos of travel bugs posted on those TB pages are also there - but I typically include the travel bug in the photo I post on the TB page/visit log, and that is a different photo than any I post on the cache page/log itself.  I guess I figure the travel bug owner wants to see his/her travel bug at the various caches, so that's what I post.  Sometimes that means taking a few photos at a cache, one for each of the bugs I am making a visit log for, and perhaps one for the cache page as well.  But they are all different; each has it's own purpose.

Edited by CAVinoGal
Typo corrections
  • Upvote 1