My new caches

Lillme

It's really nice as a 'Newbie' with my first ten CO caches placed out (some easy, some not-so) and then get two cachers do the circuit and crack them all. This was after several DNF's and I was getting worried that I'd made things too difficult, now I'm happy.

I notice that my area did not get that many cache visitors but as soon as I added ten more, the interest goes up. Encourages me to add more and not too many micros! Already have a good turn-over in TB's

Edited by Lillme
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Lillme said:

It's really nice as a 'Newbie' with my first ten CO caches placed out (some easy, some not-so) and then get two cachers do the circuit and crack them all. This was after several DNF's and I was getting worried that I'd made things too difficult, now I'm happy.

I notice that my area did not get that many cache visitors but as soon as I added ten more, the interest goes up. Encourages me to add more and not too many micros! Already have a good turn-over in TB's

That is great news!

If you had many DNFs, maybe they were under-rated or something like that, so the visitors searched in the wrong place? If it is D1.5, I won't search for very long and only in the reasonably obvious places. If it is a T1, I won't try reaching high up. If it doesn't have attributes like wading or tree climbing, I won't search in those places. So, ratings, attributes and descriptions can affect the DNFs quite a bit. Does any of that apply to you?

Also, I have seen that interest goes up with quantity. Maybe not by going from 10 to 20, but from 1 to 3 or 5 makes a big difference. Then it is worth the trip, because if you make a DNF on the toughest one, you will still go home with a few finds. A single cache far away is a bit scary, the risk of going home without a find may be disturbing. I wish quantity wasn't an issue, but that's the way it is. Many hunt cache-of-the-day, fill the calendar, or just want their count to go up.