I'm quiting Geocaching.....

Aww gee.... you don't know what hot is until you hike 2 miles through a Mississippi Swamp in 95 degree weather to put out part of a multi-cache - only to get back to the car and notice that you put out the wrong container!. Ahem, not that I know anybody that's done that.

TNGeocacher - it's gonna be showing up on your list hopefully in a week or so.

Visit the Mississippi Geocaching Forum at

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bgeocachingms

quote:
Originally posted by pater47:

Aww gee.... you don't know what hot is until you hike 2 miles through a Mississippi Swamp in 95 degree weather to put out part of a multi-cache - only to get back to the car and notice that you put out the wrong container!. Ahem, not that I know anybody that's done that.

Is that one gonna be close to the Event Cache in September? icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by ArkansasBugman:

....UNTIL IT COOLS OFF!!!!

Or maybe till tomorrow. But man it sure is hot.

Hard to sign the logs with sweat dripping off my nose onto the pages.

I think I'll go ATVing tomorrow, it's a little cooler. Then I'll cache tomorrow night.

You sissy, Back when I was your age...

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

quote:
Originally posted by pater47:

Is that one gonna be close to the Event Cache in September? icon_smile.gif

BB, it will be in the same County (well, part of it anyway icon_eek.gif )

And at 6:15 this morning, it's already HOT outside!

Visit the Mississippi Geocaching Forum at

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bgeocachingms

Whew! Bugman - you scared us with that header! We thought - "Oh No! He had such great hides!!"

After pulling that - you should be sentenced to find your own "Lake" series during this weekend in the heat! Maybe Bitbrain can be there to hose you down at the end of it! icon_biggrin.gif

Geocaching expands your horizons - not your butt!

I hear yea, it is just WAY TOO HOT!!!! icon_mad.gif I just had to read why you were going to quit after reading the header!! I'm curved off my caching due to the weather but it surely hasn't completly stopped me.

I just need to find more adventrures that wind me up into some lake to cool me off! heh heh

You should try caching in Florida. It doesn't cool off until...well, it never cools off!

quote:
Originally posted by ArkansasBugman:

....UNTIL IT COOLS OFF!!!!

Or maybe till tomorrow. But man it sure is hot.

Hard to sign the logs with sweat dripping off my nose onto the pages.

I think I'll go ATVing tomorrow, it's a little cooler. Then I'll cache tomorrow night.

We did a few caches in Branson yesterday - with water leaking out of every pore in our bodies! All of the bug spray we put on is now in toxic pools somewhere in Missouri! Think we're melted down into puddles now. But - - -

quote:
by Arkansas Bugman:

But really...I can quit anytime I want to....Really...I can....

Well maybe not.

After yesterday - I'm looking into a 12 step program for geocaching. Ya know of any?

1st Step - I really want to quit

(Ok - we can't get past the first step!)

Besides, Mr. Crazy and I are arguing who joins the geoanon and who joins the family support group! Who's addicted and who's supporting?

"Geocaching expands your horizons - not your butt!"

Not sure what geoholic means by GeoCaching getting out of hand here in SC, but I know that here in SC it can be MISERABLE to cache in the summer. I like an hour or so from the coast but it's normally 5-10 degrees warmer here in the summer and it's horrible! The humidity makes it so much worse.

I tend to cache at night as much as possible, even in the winter, so that I don't get used to day-caching in the summer. But I'm a cachin' fool in the winter. I just don't like heat all together so for me to be outside doing something it must be at least 60 degrees... Preferably, it would be 60 degrees indoors at all times, too. lol.

But it's the price we pay for being Southern Geocachers...

-=The Prynce

Not sure what geoholic means by GeoCaching getting out of hand here in SC, but I know that here in SC it can be MISERABLE to cache in the summer. I like an hour or so from the coast but it's normally 5-10 degrees warmer here in the summer and it's horrible! The humidity makes it so much worse.

I tend to cache at night as much as possible, even in the winter, so that I don't get used to day-caching in the summer. But I'm a cachin' fool in the winter. I just don't like heat all together so for me to be outside doing something it must be at least 60 degrees... Preferably, it would be 60 degrees indoors at all times, too. lol.

But it's the price we pay for being Southern Geocachers...

-=The Prynce

OOPSS sorry you are all talking about the weather....