TB and Trackables

PsychoVanjie

Fellow Cachers,

Forgive my cluelessness but this has to be asked... I've come across custom made TB's where im guessing someones purchased a TB and then rather that sending that TB out they've transferred the TB's code onto another item like a dog tag ect. I have 2 questions about this, 1) if I were to purchase a TB and do the same thing, keep the original TB and instead put the TB's code not another item, when that item reaches its destination could i use the same original TB's code to create another TB and give it a new destination? 2) Once a TB gets to its destination can I update it with a new goal and have it sent from one destination/goal to another or can't you do that?

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, PsychoVanjie said:

1) if I were to purchase a TB and do the same thing, keep the original TB and instead put the TB's code not another item, when that item reaches its destination could i use the same original TB's code to create another TB and give it a new destination?

You can do that, but for the purposes of tracking, it's better if there's only one item of the same tracking code in play at a time.

49 minutes ago, PsychoVanjie said:

2) Once a TB gets to its destination can I update it with a new goal and have it sent from one destination/goal to another or can't you do that?

You may change the mission/goal as you like.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, PsychoVanjie said:

I've come across custom made TB's where im guessing someones purchased a TB and then rather that sending that TB out they've transferred the TB's code onto another item like a dog tag ect.

I have 2 questions about this, 1) if I were to purchase a TB and do the same thing, keep the original TB and instead put the TB's code not another item, when that item reaches its destination could i use the same original TB's code to create another TB and give it a new destination? 2) Once a TB gets to its destination can I update it with a new goal and have it sent from one destination/goal to another or can't you do that?

We see most "proxy" trackables created for geocoins. Their value much more than a standard Travel Bug.  That's allowed.    :)

It used to be that multiple trackables sent out with the same tracking code would eventually get locked by Geocaching HQ (and rendered unusable).

Lately it seems that it might get locked if someone complains to HQ, asking "which" is the trackable.

- This happens when someone has found a trackable in a cache, now in their possession, and notice multiple logs from another country saying the same.

You can create whatever mission you'd like, but we've yet to find most trackables ever meeting a TO's mission/goal.  

Most TOs we know are happy when they simply move cache to cache.