Using Certitude

jinx4747

1 hour ago, jinx4747 said:

I want to use Certitude for a new puzzle cache and don't know how to put it on the cache page.  Geochecker comes up by default.

I'm not sure what you mean by Geochecker coming up by default. But...

You have to add some html - so you'll need to make sure you're using the html editor first.

Then you can either copy and paste the code from certitude (I think it gives you a set of code once you have the certitude set up, doesn't it?) or take the url from the html and use it as a link perhaps.

• Upvote 1
On 11/27/2019 at 6:34 PM, jinx4747 said:

I want to use Certitude for a new puzzle cache and don't know how to put it on the cache page.  Geochecker comes up by default.

Hello
I have problems with certitudes in geocache.
My username was lost. Someone has taken over me.
I need help ..

I also have a problem with Certitude. I've gotten as far as getting the html code for my solution but, when I copy and paste it into the cache description, it appears on the cache page as all the arrows and text. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Dolly :)

1 hour ago, Dolly :) said:

I also have a problem with Certitude. I've gotten as far as getting the html code for my solution but, when I copy and paste it into the cache description, it appears on the cache page as all the arrows and text. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Dolly :)

You need to toggle the </> Source button so it will know you are using html rather than plain text.  If you don't tell the input box that it's source code, it will think you meant to type all those characters as part of the description.  Specify that it's html (</>Source) and when you save it/preview it, it will look as you expect it to.

image.png.f669caf0c42bc74ee9c2f2dae904ca1d.png

Edited by CAVinoGal
  • Helpful 3
1 hour ago, CamillaSvensson said:

I have created a puzzle and added a certitude checkerthatis working. But how can I find it and open it up  if I want to edit the solution in the checker in the future.

Log in to Certitudes.org, and tick the box that says My puzzles; Click the GC code for the one you want to edit. (1st screenshot)

On the left side is a link to "Edit this solution" (2nd screenshot) - you'll have to enter the information again with the corrections (coordinates or keyword, any hints), but no need to create a new certitudes solution.  And the link on your cache page remains the same, so no need to edit anything there.

image.png.95d1fac12ff657387c3338ca5033fdfd.png            image.png.67b217efcb3cb91908d1036c82ef90cb.png

• Helpful 2

I am struggling with a certitude checker.  I have created these before, and every time I add it to the cache page, I have all kinds of issues.  I have set the editor to "source."  I have unchecked the automatic solver box.  I've tried completely signing out of gc and coming back in.  I usually have trouble getting it to "take" properly, but this time I just can't seem to get past the html appearance.  All the others, I eventually bumble through somehow.

I've figured it out somehow before.  What am I missing?  Thanks.