Lists - Archived Caches Cannot Be Added

bd's

1 hour ago, bd's said:

I am not able to add archived caches to my lists anymore since the list page has been updated.

I manage to add one right now... using the old page at least.

PS: Make sure that you didn't reach the limit (1000 for Bookmark, 5000 for Watchlists, by instance).

Edited by RuideAlmeida
3 hours ago, bd's said:

I am not able to add archived caches to my lists anymore since the list page has been updated.  This is a huge problem when trying to create lists to show qualifications for challenge caches.

This has been pointed out in the Release Notes thread, but so far, Groundspeak hasn't commented.

@bd's there are two workarounds for the non-handling of archived by new lists.

for adding archived to a list, it can be done from the archived cache page. It cannot be done from the "+ add" module of the list itself

for mapping archived, it cannot be done from the "map list" link, but if you create a PQ from the list, you can preview  or map it. Archived will be included on that map.

Both useful for challenges, and trip planning around finishing. 

re lack of comment, the Lackey who has been  commenting on the Lists Release thread hasn't logged onto these forums since Nov 14, per their forum profile, last post to that thread Nov 8.  I notice that staff tends to comment mostly when they have something specific to offer. If this isn't going to be addressed as an engineering issue, or if addressing it is well out in the future plan, likely they'll never speak to it at all. 

Yep.

It's an issue with any function that seems to use the 'new' search widget, which (reasonably, if making some assumptions) doesn't search through all caches that ever existed everywhere, but just the active ones.

As I mentioned above, if a module can include archived caches, there should be a way to refer to it by GC code directly, and have the code recognize the cache, so it doesn't have to search the entire database.

As for the dev support...  *sigh*