have to update can I move app from old phone

captnemo

3 hours ago, captnemo said:

Just got a notice that my Moto G old phone is outdated and I must update to a new phone.  The best? choice for a new phone is a Galaxy J3.

Can I move the Geocaching app to the new phone and uninstall it on the old phone or do I have to buy a new app?

Log into the Google Play Store on the new phone, and you can download and install an App without buying it again.

There may be a complication if your new phone has no magnetic compass.

Edited by kunarion
3 hours ago, captnemo said:

Thanks, kunarion.  This just came out of blue. The J3 does have a 

magnetic compass.

While logged into Google, you can run The App, and install and use Apps you previously purchased, on most any Android phone.  The current Official App as mentioned is free to use.  

The Geocaching.com App that could be purchased years ago doesn’t work at all anymore, and you can’t download that obsolete one.

Edited by kunarion
2 hours ago, captnemo said:

Can I move the Geocaching app to the new phone and uninstall it on the old phone or do I have to buy a new app?

The official geocaching app is free - your status as a premium member is a separate consideration and will give you more options in the app, but you don't need to "buy" anything, except to renew your premium membership each year, if you choose to.

Go to the Google play store, down,oad the app, and log in to geocaching.com through the app - it will see your premium membership status and give you all the options.  You'll see all the caches, and have access to PQ's, lists, and other features not available to basic members.