Benchmark find count

igator210

I've never really paid attention, so I have no idea when this happened... My stats page says I've found 50 benchmarks, but if I go into the my benchmark section, I have 52 listed with smilies and 1 with a note. 

Is there any easy way to check the discrepancy? 

Any idea what would lead to the difference? 

That's what yours says for me too, with "total records" of 53.

Mine says 12 found, but going to that section shows I have 11 found,  1 write note, and 2 DNF.  

-    So you gained two, and I "lost" one somehow.   "Total records" does say 14 for me.

I look at stats when someone mentions/asks something, so never really noticed ... but do agree that's odd.  :)

On 11/26/2019 at 11:05 AM, igator210 said:

I've never really paid attention, so I have no idea when this happened... My stats page says I've found 50 benchmarks, but if I go into the my benchmark section, I have 52 listed with smilies and 1 with a note. 

Is there any easy way to check the discrepancy? 

Any idea what would lead to the difference? 

You have me curious so I looked in my stats. I know we found two benchmarks but they are not listed, only this... Benchmarks are not included in Total Found

On 9/6/2021 at 5:41 AM, CheekyBrit said:

UPDATE: It looks like this stat has been removed from the geocaching.com 'your statistics' page. I cannot seem to find it on project-gc either. Any thoughts where to find benchmark count in 2021?

I can still see my Benchmark count (and yours if I go to your profile).  Click on Profile, then the Geocaches tab - the number is still there.  If you click on Benchmarks, it gives a list of allyour logged benchmarks.

Edited by CAVinoGal
  • Upvote 1
On 9/22/2021 at 7:23 PM, CAVinoGal said:

I can still see my Benchmark count (and yours if I go to your profile).  Click on Profile, then the Geocaches tab - the number is still there.  If you click on Benchmarks, it gives a list of allyour logged benchmarks.

Right you are, CAVinoGal.
I thought I had a handful of benchmarks that weren't NGS bench mark disks - I don't see them on the profile page. I wonder what is going on there.

Mine shows 1305 finds. Profile page, then click on Benchmarks, and choose the option I want - All, Found, etc. But I maintain my own Access database for this, can create reports of my activity, and I can include partial finds, like finding a reference mark, but no main disk. And my database uses datasheets that I downloaded in 2014, so it has a few additional marks that aren't here. So, my "true" count is 1326. Of those 477 are "disks," and the remainder are survey rods, intersection stations, landmarks, etc.