GIFF 2019

Harry Dolphin

20 hours ago, Harry Dolphin said:

Who won?

In my opinion the sixteen film creators won.  But if you're talking about the Signal Award and the People's Choice Award winners, they haven't yet been announced.  It looks like they're getting ready as they updated the finalist page with the award categories.  It'll probably be announced on social media but you can check this link as well:

http://www.geocachingfilmfestival.com/giff-2019

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

In my opinion the sixteen film creators won.  But if you're talking about the Signal Award and the People's Choice Award winners, they haven't yet been announced.  It looks like they're getting ready as they updated the finalist page with the award categories.  It'll probably be announced on social media but you can check this link as well:

http://www.geocachingfilmfestival.com/giff-2019

Do you know of a link where I can see the videos, or do you think I just have to wait? I'm looking forward to seeing yours and everyone else's!

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

Do you know of a link where I can see the videos, or do you think I just have to wait? I'm looking forward to seeing yours and everyone else's!

Most of the popular ones have been posted, just search YouTube for GIFF 2019 finalist films.  Here's mine if you'd like to see it:

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

Most of the popular ones have been posted, just search YouTube for GIFF 2019 finalist films.  Here's mine if you'd like to see it:

Oh that's a good one! Every time I see a video you created it reminds me of the new camera I bought to duplicate your puzzle and I still haven't done it. Shameful. Your video is great! 

• Upvote 1

Public Youtube videos can be added the playlists.  To my knowledge, submissions can't be made public until an agreed upon date, post-festival (afaik that's once winners are announced, could be wrong tho). Once the date passes, people seem to be allowed to publish their own videos (finalists and general submissions) and share however they wish. Some will, some won't :) As they pop up on Youtube I try to catch them to add to the list; it all depends on how the owner describes them. If you find any that aren't on the list, I'd love to know to add it! ;)

• Helpful 1
On 11/28/2019 at 11:46 AM, thebruce0 said:

Public Youtube videos can be added the playlists.  To my knowledge, submissions can't be made public until an agreed upon date, post-festival (afaik that's once winners are announced, could be wrong tho). Once the date passes, people seem to be allowed to publish their own videos (finalists and general submissions) and share however they wish. Some will, some won't :) As they pop up on Youtube I try to catch them to add to the list; it all depends on how the owner describes them. If you find any that aren't on the list, I'd love to know to add it! ;)

5 hours ago, Tungstène said:

Thank you.

Those films that are selected for the film festival cannot be published until after the film festival is over; this year it was November 18th as the film festival ended on the 17th.  Those whose films were not selected can publish them whenever they want.  Last year my film wasn't selected but I chose to publish mine after my GIFF event, as some of the attendees were in my film, and I wanted them to have a grand reveal on the big screen, and they enjoyed that.