application téléphone

ChanPou

3 minutes ago, OusKonNé & Cétyla said:

Hi RuideAlmeida,
What I was trying to say is when I geocache using my old Garmin GPSmap 60CSx, I have a very good GPS accuracy.
This is not the case whet I geocache using the Geocaching App on my Samsung Galaxy S6, which makes searching for caches more difficult.
Regards

I did understand... but it is not my overall experience. And I just love don't need to wait for the satellites. They are available when we need, with a smartphone.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, OusKonNé & Cétyla said:

Hi RuideAlmeida,
What I was trying to say is when I geocache using my old Garmin GPSmap 60CSx, I have a very good GPS accuracy.
This is not the case whet I geocache using the Geocaching App on my Samsung Galaxy S6, which makes searching for caches more difficult.
Regards

I use a gramin GPS V and a Moto G android phone and have good accuracy with both.  If however I am unable to get a good signal on the phone the GPS works better.

I use the phone with the Geocaching app most of the time unless I can't get a signal in which case I either use a premade list or the hand held GPS.

2 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

I did understand... but it is not my overall experience.

Agreed ... and you answered the OP's question, which was simply the name of the app .  :)

The other 2/3rds, a FTF monster, used her phone most of the time when the geocaching app came out. 

She was FTF a lot because of the accuracy of her phone ... and a little luck.    ;)

She'd go back to her handheld GPSr (also a 60csx)  when she knew the area she was in had reception issues (or no reception at all).

The OP has over 17,000 caches found,  so I'd feel that they'd know when to "switch back" to a GPSr  if their caching area warranted it.