Arkansas Geoget-together??

rusty_da_dog

If you get something planned for Central Arkansas in the future make sure you post it here. I live in MS but I'd love to come for a visit. There are almost no caches in SE Arkansas - I hope the activity over here will pick up soon. I have one planned for the area if I can ever get time to get permission.

southdeltan

------------------------------------------------

Have you Arkansans ever thought about a webpage/discussion forum for your state? I see a lot of other states have something like that. We currently have a webpage and a fairly active message board (based on the number of geocachers we have) over here in MS.

There are lots of places with "free" message boards.

southdeltan

quote:
Originally posted by southdeltan:

Have you Arkansans ever thought about a webpage/discussion forum for your state? I see a lot of other states have something like that. We currently have a webpage and a fairly active message board (based on the number of geocachers we have) over here in MS.

There are lots of places with "free" message boards.

There is already a group on Yahoo called ArkGeo. Currently it doesn't have much traffic at all. What we need is a website.

--RuffRidr

"The first condition of progress is the removal of censorship."

--George Bernard Shaw

A website with a message board is an excellent start to any group or organization. You don't even have to have a group - it's just good for geocaching in an area.

If somebody made a page then asked TPTB to add it to the Arkansas page - you'd start getting traffic.

southdeltan

I would definitely be interested in getting together in NW Arkansas (though I won't be able to make until mid-August as I will be in NC). As to where we might meet, I don't really care, but Eureka Springs might me nice because of the area and there are a few caches there. Anyway, wherever and whenever it may be, I'd like to come and hope that this does get pulled together.

I see that there haven't been any recent posts about a Central Arkansas Geocaching event, but if there have been any new news on such an event I would love to know.

There was an event in Clarksville back in January. It was put on by Golfnutz and Nonnipoppi. We went down to it and had a lot of fun. I think that they were going to be making it an annual event. You can read about it here:

First Ever Ark. River Valley Geo Meet and Greet

--RuffRidr