Quadrivia

Max and 99

OH, NO! I just ran through all of the Waymarks in the Category and I don't have one. I remember taking photos of five different Quadrivia intersections in one town. Four were at the Courthouse Square.

And I remember where it was because it is only 2 miles from my Mother-in-law's house.

In the photo East side Square and West side Square are not labeled.

Quadrivia.jpg

Edited by 8Nuts MotherGoose

Just in case someone wants a Quadrivia in Munich, Germany: N 48° 08.378 E 011° 34.273

I found that one on Google Maps 5 years ago, but haven't been to Munich since then and won't go there any time soon.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 5:30 AM, Max and 99 said:

My quadrivia is not a quadrivia. ?

What about 35.667532, -97.521403 ? Looks like a quadrivia to me.

3 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

Just in case someone wants a Quadrivia in Munich, Germany: N 48° 08.378 E 011° 34.273

I found that one on Google Maps 5 years ago, but haven't been to Munich since then and won't go there any time soon.

What about 35.667532, -97.521403 ? Looks like a quadrivia to me.

no street sign for 192nd St. Won't count.

I've actually seen two. One of which was in Delaware, but I was never able to get photos of it. The other one in Pennsylvania, of which I was able to get photos of and submit a waymark. Both instances, were because I was taking a day trip with my grandmother from her house.

I think I will never find a Quadrivia in Oklahoma, although I will continue to look for one from time to time. At 36.139664, -96.105319 I found an intersection with 4 roads that all have the same name. Well, three are called East Broadway St. and one is East Broadway Ct., but still I think that this is even harder to find than a correct Quadrivia. :-)

1 hour ago, PISA-caching said:

I think I will never find a Quadrivia in Oklahoma, although I will continue to look for one from time to time. At 36.139664, -96.105319 I found an intersection with 4 roads that all have the same name. Well, three are called East Broadway St. and one is East Broadway Ct., but still I think that this is even harder to find than a correct Quadrivia. :-)

Oklahoma is very hard for Quadrivia.  We have roads that go for 20-30 miles and more, all with the same name. Roads go from north of Edmond, thru Oklahoma City, Midwest City, Moore and Norman all using the same name.  And then there are the roads with 2, 3 and 4 different names, but trying to find street signs that show the changes ... or they are shown on different map programs with different names, but the street signs all say different.

16 hours ago, vulture1957 said:

Oklahoma is very hard for Quadrivia.  We have roads that go for 20-30 miles and more, all with the same name. Roads go from north of Edmond, thru Oklahoma City, Midwest City, Moore and Norman all using the same name.  And then there are the roads with 2, 3 and 4 different names, but trying to find street signs that show the changes ... or they are shown on different map programs with different names, but the street signs all say different.

Yes, there are big differences between the street names in the USA and Europe. Here in Austria, you will never find a 1st street or an A street. Instead we either use names of famous people or the name of the city/village/... to which the street leads or in smaller villages they use the names of plants etc. Fortunately, I have my Quadrivia already and I wouldn't have a problem finding additional ones in my hometown Wien (Vienna).

29 minutes ago, K13 said:

I have a quadrivia in a town where I've spent time working, if the intersection of North Main, South Main, East Main, and West Main is acceptable. Can someone give me their views on that?

Here's what the category says:

"East" and "West" (or "North" and "South") streets with the same name (such as East Main and West Main, or North Center and South Center) do not qualify.

25 minutes ago, K13 said:

I have a quadrivia in a town where I've spent time working, if the intersection of North Main, South Main, East Main, and West Main is acceptable. Can someone give me their views on that?

I believe the description states that just going from East Something Street to West Something Street is not a change in name. Direction parts of names are somewhat irrelevant. The NAME must change.

Slightly off topic, but I listened to an audiobook recently in which the word quadrivious was used, and I thought of this waymark and forum topic!

They went off together, followed by a chorus. “She has gotten a man. She has gotten a man at last. Boo! boo! boo!”

Margaret quickened her steps; but Denys took down his crossbow and pretended to shoot them all dead: they fled quadrivious, shrieking.

--from The Cloister and the Hearth (1861) by Charles Reade, chapter 50

:cool:

Edited by TriciaG