Oregon 700 Unit

Fotocacher

Hi folks

Time to upgrade my GPS unit. Have been reading a lot about the 64s and the 700 series Oregons. My quick question is this. As I read it my understanding is that I can download from WIFI. Is that assumption correct? Can I connect to WIFI at home, download some caches onto the Oregon or do I still have to connect to my computer and download through cable? 
Thanks in advance. 

The Oregon 700 was released in 2016. Garmin has a history of updating the Oregon line about every 3 years, which means we could expect an announcement for a new Oregon unit any time now.

Of course, buying the latest and greatest with Garmin comes with its own set of adventure, and older units are certainly still quite useable. When Garmin does announce the next Oregon line, whether it be a 700x or an 800, you can expect the price of the Oregon 700 to drop significantly.

By far the easiest way to get a hit list into the Oregon 700 is to connect it to your wifi, make a list on geocaching.com and sync the list wirelessly. As a bonus, the GPS can upload logs fron the unit typed in in the field as found or not found log. I'm just starting out with the unit, so I'm still learning whats best, so I have been keeping a paper list of found caches to cross check. So far its been prefect.