Manage "Found" list on Garmin

dbrents

44 minutes ago, dbrents said:

A fellow cacher and I are trying to learn ways to manage the cache files stored on our Garmins.  Today's topic is managing the "Found" caches. Is there a way to review/edit/delete the caches that have been previously marked as 'Found'?

Garmin GPSs tend to not have an internal delete function for GPX files.  If I have a lot of waypoints and random individual GPX files, I first copy them top my PC, then delete most or all, then add new ones.

If you're loading caches as single files such as GPX Pocket Queries (or even Lists using Send To Garmin), it's pretty easy to delete them from a Garmin GPS by replacing the files.  Set up the parameters to not include caches you've found, pick a name for the PQs or Lists, delete the old files, load the new ones.

Or use filters on the GPS itself.  You can set filters so you don't see caches you've found.  That's handy on a cache run, if you want to not be shown then cache icon after you find a cache.  You can also have unique icons, such as the "Open Treasure Chest Icon", so you can see which ones you've found.  I don't "delete" caches I've found because I often hunt other caches in the same area (and especially, I may intend to place a cache there), so I like the info.

Edited by kunarion