How to show geocaches on Garmin GPS map 60csx?

dryandra

For some years I used a Garmin GPSmap 60csx for geocaching. That device showed all loaded geocaches as closed (or opened) boxes on the map,  so that I could see the locations of all caches in an selected area all together and plan my way from cache to cache. Some weeks ago my good old Garmin GPS left me. (R.I.P.)

Now I bought another used one and tried to make this to work as the old one. But this device could not show all caches on the map. I can see only one single cache after using the "Find"--"Geocache" Option and starting the search with the "GoTo"- Button. Without using the "Find Geocache"-Option I cannot see any cache on the map.

Does anyone know, if this feature (showing all loaded Geocaches on the map all together) depends on the software Version (4.00) or the GPS SW Version (3.00s) of the device?

Or does this function depend on the production year of the device?

Or is there any other setting to do?

I would be grateful for any information. Thank you!

If you're in the map and zoom further in or out with the view centered (approximately) , are they displayed? Do points that you create on the handset display? How about other points - that aren't geocaches - that you create on the computer and transfer?

It's hard to remember because Mapsource has been dead for so long, but I think there's a "visibility" flag in it that's displayed in waypoint options or something. Be sure they're set to be visible.

In Settings->Setup Map, there is a tabbed interface. Under Points->User Waypoints, be sure it's set for Auto.

In fact, since this GPS is new to you, it might be a good idea to do a factory reset just so you're sure that options that you didn't know even existed weren't used to turn display off.

As for version options, there's nothing that's really related to the date of manufacture and displaying points on a map is so fundamental - with the popular 60CSx being two years after a very popular model) that it's not like this was something totally broken in any production version that I can recall.

Hi Robertlipe,

thank you very much. You solved my problem:

"In Settings->Setup Map, there is a tabbed interface. Under Points->User Waypoints, be sure it's set for Auto. "

User Waypoint was set to 50m on my device so I changed to "Auto" and now my "new" Garmin 60CSx shows all geocaches on the map as my old one did. Bingo!!!

That`s perfect, now I can follow a mountainbike track and can see all caches along that track.

That makes me really happy, so thank you!!!

• Upvote 1