Feature request: Improved inset map/cache waypoint mapping

lee737

The current inset map on cache pages is inadequate for planning caches that require navigation between multiple waypoints. This is especially bad when the distances between them are large.
Problems:
1. the map is tiny
2. the detail afforded by the available openstreetmaps in the inset map is not enough

My request:
To be able to see the cache coordinates and all of its waypoints on a full screen map, like the normal map, including the use of satellite imagery and other map layers. Even better would be to have all the other caches shown, probably not with their waypoints as well, that would get confusing. If, when clicking the 'View larger map' link at the inset map did this, it would be an intuitive move.

This would be a practically useful addition to the website, in planning trips and navigating to those good, back-country caches. At present I've had to resort to manually adding the waypoints into Google Earth, or using a phone app like Cachly to view all of this, which does a better job than the website at present.

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, lee737 said:

To be able to see the cache coordinates and all of its waypoints on a full screen map, like the normal map, including the use of satellite imagery and other map layers. Even better would be to have all the other caches shown, probably not with their waypoints as well, that would get confusing. If, when clicking the 'View larger map' link at the inset map did this, it would be an intuitive move.

Yep, I'll second that. During the new search map development I suggested that since View Larger Map only shows the one cache, it would be useful for it to include waypoints as well, but, well, like so many other suggestions it went unheeded.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1