I want to register to participate in teenage mutant Ninja turtles

DOBBY8

AFAIK the TMNT promotion to receive a trackable is over.  They are thin, metal tags (photos of what they look like are in the link).

To participate in the promotion, you simply find one in a geocache.  Many are already in caches now.   

Some seem to be "Visiting" caches, and maybe if you bump into one of those people, you can "Discover" one too.    :)

If you don't already, by receiving the newsletter and blogs, you'd get an earlier "heads up" for future promotions.

"How to" subscribe is here.   

On 10/27/2019 at 7:13 AM, cerberus1 said:

To participate in the promotion, you simply find one in a geocache.

This promotion seems to be so totally random - I have yet to see one of the trackables.  I'm not complaining, mind you, but it seems the only way I can participate is to randomly see one or more of these in a cache, at an event, or in another cacher's hands.  The odds of that seem small, unless I watch the map (and hope it's accurate) as to where the TB's are dropped and hope to get there to see it before someone else picks it up and logs a move.

This is so different from previous promos and souvenirs where you could earn them and participate without even being aware of it, just by doing your "normal" caching.  The Jewel Heist promo was interesting and took some planning to accomplish, but it still didn't seem like it was too far from my "normal" cache routine to be able to complete it. Maybe because this involves travel bugs, and due to that there is less control over where they go and where you can find them...

I enjoy the TB side game, and if this is intended to get folks interested in that and to buy more TB's, I'm wondering if it will accomplish that goal.  It will highlight the fact that once a TB is released, anything can happen to it and the TB owner has no control over that.

8 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

This is so different from previous promos and souvenirs where you could earn them and participate without even being aware of it, just by doing your "normal" caching.  The Jewel Heist promo was interesting and took some planning to accomplish, but it still didn't seem like it was too far from my "normal" cache routine to be able to complete it. Maybe because this involves travel bugs, and due to that there is less control over where they go and where you can find them...

The promotion's page says "Help the Turtles discover hidden locations around the world by moving them from cache to cache" but it seems "world" pretty much means just the USA and western Europe.

image.png.f18673d66002a6ef543f3550a12dba24.png

I thought the jewel heist was tough enough with my limited number of unfound caches within reasonable travelling distance, but this one, well, the chance of any of those TBs landing in a cache I visit seems essentially zero.

Edited by barefootjeff