how to stay in the geocaching website when opening caches on the map

When I'm on the geocaching map website on my ipad or iphone, and click on a cache, it automatically switches me to that cache on my iphone or ipad APP.  I would like to browse the info of that cache on the actual website, not the app.  It used to stay on geocaching.com, but since the last update it doesn't.  Help!!!

See if this helps. It is taken from Cachly's FAQ but should work. View this post on your iPhone/iPad so you can click the link that is referenced on the device.  

If you have the official Geocaching app installed on your device, clicking a geocache link or choosing the View on Geocaching.com option in Cachly may start the official app instead of launching Safari so you can view the cache in the web. To change this behavior, find a geocache link (here's one to the oldest active geocache in the world: GCD) and long press on it. After a moment, you will get a menu that includes Open in Safari (or Open in New Tab if you are already in Safari). Choose this option and iOS will remember your preference to open geocache links using Safari instead of the official app. If you ever want to change this behavior in the future, repeat the process and choose Open in "Geocaching". If these steps do not work for you, try tapping that cache link in Safari. After the page loads, perform the long press steps on the GC code in the upper right of the cache page.

Yes that worked for me, after I closed both the official app and cachly. I used the URL in Notes to long-press, but that still opened in the GC app before I force-closed it. Once I forced closed all, I used the long-press on the upper right GC code in Safari to open in a new tab, then opening in browser from Cachly opened directly in Safari.

So somewhere along the line the default switched :P

I experienced same link default issue after my iPhone 7+ updated to 13.1.3 ... after choosing 'open in browser', the default always reverted to opening in the darned Official App. Very frustrating!

Tried Team DEMP's Cachly FAQ method #1 and initially it still defaulted to the offical App ... then tried long pressing top right GC code on a cache page and whoo hoo, it now defaults to Safari browser. Tried clicking cache links in emails, Looking4Cache and Cachly ... all now open in Safari. Hope this is perminent!

Huge thanks to Team DEMP for posting.

12 minutes ago, PlasmaWave said:

I experienced same link default issue after my iPhone 7+ updated to 13.1.3 ... after choosing 'open in browser', the default always reverted to opening in the darned Official App. Very frustrating!

Tried Team DEMP's Cachly FAQ method #1 and initially it still defaulted to the offical App ... then tried long pressing top right GC code on a cache page and whoo hoo, it now defaults to Safari browser. Tried clicking cache links in emails, Looking4Cache and Cachly ... all now open in Safari. Hope this is perminent!

Huge thanks to Team DEMP for posting.

I just now tried that and it worked!  I had Safari (and Chrome) open already, so on a cache page I long-pressed the cache link in the upper right corner of the page and selected "Open In New Tab" from the window that popped up, and now when clicking "Open In Browser" from most anywhere, Safari opens instead of The App.

It seems like there are several ways it can return to the App as a default, so get familiar with steps that tend to change it to what you like.

IMG_2226.jpg

Edited by kunarion