Pocket Querry for Favorites?

edexter

45 minutes ago, Frau Potter said:

If you have the new List functionality, you can make a copy of your Favorites List and make a Pocket Query from that List. 

That worked great!  From my account's Favorites List, I selected "Copy List", then "Create Pockete Query", then selected the options and submitted the new PQ.  Pretty easy.

Untitled-3a.jpg

Untitled-3b.jpg

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 1
46 minutes ago, Frau Potter said:

If you have the new List functionality, you can make a copy of your Favorites List and make a Pocket Query from that List. 

Nice try. But that will not work with Favorite Lists > 1000 as PQs and BM Lists have  a limit of 1000.

Hans

19 minutes ago, frostengel said:

And he has "only" about 6600 finds so shouldn't have given too many favourite points to fit in a 1000 cache list. ;-)

I'm in no danger of overflow :P, but there are a bunch of archived caches that have Favorites.  I could delete those Favorites if it would then get below 1000.  But rather than a "Pocket Query", persons might just like to see search results that show them all (without limit), so that would be a feature beyond what a Pocket Query or List might have the capacity to show.  In that case look at helper software as Touchstone previously mentioned.

Edited by kunarion
8 hours ago, frostengel said:

And he has "only" about 6600 finds so shouldn't have given too many favourite points to fit in a 1000 cache list. ;-)

Right. But there will be a lot of other geocachers where Frau Potter's workaround will still not work.

1 hour ago, HHL said:

Right. But there will be a lot of other geocachers where Frau Potter's workaround will still not work.

Sure and it is only a work-around not an overall solution. I fully agree with you.

But in fact I don't know if this is something that really bothers too many geocachers - I (for example) don't need this feature and noone told me before that he needed it. So perhaps this work-around that works for most cachers will do (for now)?

You could still make your own lists (my favourites 1, my favourites 2, ...) which is a little bit of handwork but it works if needed.

I think there are more important things to improve helping everyone (and I do not think of new souvenirs), so I wouldn't give this new feature too much importance.