Travel bugs pages

De_K

I love trackables and like to visit their pages. Some adjustments to the pages would make me love them even more.

For instance:

Visiting logs: some people hate them, but they are necessary if you like filled maps (I love the map, best summary of visited places possible).

Discovery logs: some people hate them, but I would love to be able to see the total number of caches who discovered my trackables. I don't care to read the standard remarks, but love to read the other logs.

Drop and take logs: the best logs for most people, but they get lost between other logs. Total numbers would be great here too!

I think it would help a lot to make it possible to only show a selection of these logs.

By logtype, length of the log, pictures included logs, or even by a hide button to make it possible for the owner (or writer) to hide (in stead of delete) the bulk logs.

Maybe make it possible to log discovery's hidden.

And hide visiting logs unless the extra text case is actually filled.

I like the pictures button, that is one way of selecting.

Are there plans for adjustments in the future?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, De_K said:

I think it would help a lot to make it possible to only show a selection of these logs.

By logtype, length of the log, pictures included logs, or even by a hide button to make it possible for the owner (or writer) to hide (in stead of delete) the bulk logs.

Maybe make it possible to log discovery's hidden.

And hide visiting logs unless the extra text case is actually filled.

I like the pictures button, that is one way of selecting.

Are there plans for adjustments in the future?

Wow, I hope not.  I'd rather that if the TO has issues with a legit log, they create their own means to bypass it, thanks.  :) 

I think it'd be a terrible shame if a TO didn't get to see that I found their trackable gone missing two years ago,  but can only log Discover (since I may not be caching again for some time)..

- Or fail to see I mention the guy by name who's hoarding their trackable along with others, dumping them by-the-boxful at events.

• Helpful 1

I mean a click on/off button, not a this is definite forever button.

At least the owner should be able to switch it.

Maybe make it possible to log discovery's hidden. > meaning: at the time you make the log, you decide if the owner should read it or if it is just a log for the discovery number going up.

1 hour ago, De_K said:

I mean a click on/off button, not a this is definite forever button.

At least the owner should be able to switch it.

Maybe make it possible to log discovery's hidden. > meaning: at the time you make the log, you decide if the owner should read it or if it is just a log for the discovery number going up.

Sure, I get that ...  The TO gets a couple annoying logs, switches it off, and now misses one that's important/helpful to them. 

There's no difference...

Our logs are meant to keep the TO informed,  not just for a "point" in ones profile/stats. 

I'd bet a few people who gather codes online, or have a "numbers generator" to find codes that match, would be very happy to have their log "count for a point" without the TO even knowing...

Edited by cerberus1
ETA