Moved to new FL community...looking for fellow geocachers

idocdlw

Hi peeps,

After 5 yrs on the road in a motorhome...taking care of family members & doing volunteer work, I bought a retirement property in Perry, FL (zip 32347). I am looking for other geocachers to network with. There are several active geocaches local but the CO has not been active on the website for many years. Perry is 50 miles SE of Tallahassee so I am open to Tally groups. I just need to find a new group now that I have found a place to settle permanently. Give me a reach out and/or an invite if you are nearby please.

v/r

Dawn (idocdlw)

Thank you Isonzo Karst!  No go on the October event...I will just be coming off of the Florida Paddler's Rendezvous & will be scrambling to prep for Halloween (my favorite holiday). I think I can make the Nov event...I'll put it on my calendar.

Edited by idocdlw
spelling correction
1 hour ago, idocdlw said:

Thank you K13...can you give specifics as to other ways to check? 

There are other applications (some authorized by Groundspeak, some not) that can hit their data. If you use one of these programs there's no trail ON the GC website.

Also, even the official GS-released phone app doesn't register your visits under the 'Last Visit' spec. It is truly a "Last Visit TO THE WEBSITE". So, you can happily be very active in the hobby on your phone forever, as long as you don't need any of the services of the website.

3 hours ago, IceColdUK said:

The best indication is probably to select Geocaches > All Geocache Finds on their profile.  This will at least show when they last found a cache. 

Provided they have only one account. Some people have a main account for finds, and another for hides.

@idocdlw - some of the phone apps and GSAK are ways that don't trigger a website visit.