How to log trackable visit after cache log is complete

Go Schnell

35 minutes ago, Go Schnell said:

Is there a way to go back a log a TB visit to a cache after the Found log has been submitted?  I overlooked it and want to make sure the visit and miles get recorded for the TB.

You can always edit the Found log.  Or write a Note log. Whichever you prefer.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, NanCycle said:

You can always edit the Found log.  Or write a Note log. Whichever you prefer.

Editing the found log or writing a Note log doesn't go far enough I don't think.  I was hoping to show that the TB had visited a cache so that it would get credit for miles traveled.  Is it possible to log a visit to a cache after the fact--after the Found log has been submitted?

5 hours ago, Go Schnell said:

Editing the found log or writing a Note log doesn't go far enough I don't think.  I was hoping to show that the TB had visited a cache so that it would get credit for miles traveled.  Is it possible to log a visit to a cache after the fact--after the Found log has been submitted?

When you edit a log on the website you have all of the trackable options too.

4656763C-11B7-43C4-8C61-A1B072C6704B.thumb.jpeg.2f8ff5f592622ad514c0da8b5a7e67ac.jpeg

• Helpful 1
13 hours ago, Mausebiber said:

Go back to the cache in question, write a log with a very short note , click in the "visit" for the tb and click "send".

Now you can go back and delete your note, the action you were choosing for the TB will remain.

I think this should no longer be recommended since often the deletion of the note will not happen and so is piling on the number of redundant logs.

As already mentioned in this thread this procedure is no longer necessary since you can drop the TB by editing your found log.

• Upvote 1

As already mentioned in this thread this procedure is no longer necessary since you can drop the TB by editing your found log.

Understand, what, it you want to log your TB on a different date than the original log-entry? 

I think this should no longer be recommended since often the deletion of the note will not happen

I did not know that this is an issue.  I have done the procedure above quite often.

4 hours ago, Mausebiber said:

Understand, what, it you want to log your TB on a different date than the original log-entry? 

I did not know that this is an issue.  I have done the procedure above quite often.

You can edit the found it date to match the TB drop date. Extra note is not necessasy.

20 hours ago, Mausebiber said:

Go back to the cache in question, write a log with a very short note , click in the "visit" for the tb and click "send".

Now you can go back and delete your note, the action you were choosing for the TB will remain.

The only instance I'd still recommend this is if your found date is different than the date you want to visit the TB - that is, you have no log on the cache you can just edit to visit the TB.

Posting a new log would have been the best way before the TB options were available on log editing. These days it's much easier and slicker to just edit the log and apply the TB actions.

The big benefit: there's also no more "TB visit/drop" log notifications gets sent out to the CO and anyone watching the cache.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:57 AM, Mausebiber said:

what, it you want to log your TB on a different date than the original log-entry?

On 10/18/2019 at 5:08 PM, thebruce0 said:

The only instance I'd still recommend this is if your found date is different than the date you want to visit the TB

1. Why do you want to have an apparently false date for the TB log?

2. You can (i think) also edit the TB log if you really want to adjust this date.

1 hour ago, Hynz said:

1. Why do you want to have an apparently false date for the TB log?

False date? No!

Where I live I have found all cache already. Now I have found and retrieved a TB in Oregon during my last visit and I want to log it into a cache where I live and which I have found years ago.

How do I drop this TB into a cache I have found years ago?

1 hour ago, Mausebiber said:

False date? No!

Where I live I have found all cache already. Now I have found and retrieved a TB in Oregon during my last visit and I want to log it into a cache where I live and which I have found years ago.

Same as you would if you dropped it when you found but use a Write Note log.

2 hours ago, colleda said:
3 hours ago, Mausebiber said:

False date? No!

Same as you would if you dropped it when you found but use a Write Note log.

Exactly. It is/was good practice to document additional visits of caches especially in case of dropping/retrieving travelers.