Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Nat 'n Tel

Before today, the newest item was Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  We were able to put the 4 within The British Isles on our watchlist.  Now that Earthcache Day is the newest item, how can check every now and then if any are in The British Isles other than the 4 we are tracking?

32 minutes ago, Nat 'n Tel said:

Before today, the newest item was Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  We were able to put the 4 within The British Isles on our watchlist.  Now that Earthcache Day is the newest item, how can check every now and then if any are in The British Isles other than the 4 we are tracking?

There's a map on the blog, but it's not very accurate from what I see. It doesn't show one in my city but there is one.

https://www.geocaching.com/play/promotions/ninjaturtles?id=3&utm_source=TMNT&utm_medium=TBpromo&utm_campaign=blog

On 10/12/2019 at 5:31 PM, Max and 99 said:

There's a map on the blog, but it's not very accurate from what I see. It doesn't show one in my city but there is one.

https://www.geocaching.com/play/promotions/ninjaturtles?id=3&utm_source=TMNT&utm_medium=TBpromo&utm_campaign=blog

I find it odd that one of the nearby Ninjas was put in one of the owner's archived caches, where he keeps a lot of his trackables.  Guess that qualifies for the 'put  in a cache'  requirement?

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
15 minutes ago, Harry Dolphin said:

I find it odd that one of the nearby Ninjas was put in one of the owner's archived caches, where he keeps a lot of his trackables. 

Guess that qualifies for the 'put  in a cache'  requirement?

When another noticed that a TMNT receiver sent out a proxy instead of the free tag given them during the promotion, a Lackey responded that the original  tags were supposed to be sent out into caches.

They also said, "Promotional tags want to engage with as many geocachers as possible and make new friends along the way."

In your example, it'd only  be "engaging" with that one cacher.   You noticed, maybe the site did too.   :)

I'd think the site really does "keep track", as future promotions (outside companies spending money...) would depend on things working.   

I have two from prior promotions still in the first caches placed.  The few that did them after me haven't mentioned either yet...

39 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

In your example, it'd only  be "engaging" with that one cacher.   You noticed, maybe the site did too.   :)

Only the Geocidal style of Geocacher could succeed with a plan of placing such an item in his "Archived" cache, because the tag is shown on the map.  The item can and should get a lot of requests to move the tag (and by extension, all of the cache's trapped Trackables) to active caches.  All the time. B)

Maybe TMNT tags don't have an icon while in an archived cache?  I wouldn't be surprised. :ph34r: