Releasing Duplicate TB

Shred-Tec

Hi, I just found out that you can release a duplicate TB. My first TB ( Steve Bird ) was released in June 2010 near Monterey Ca. he made his way to Germany, where he traveled quite a bit. He then went missing May 2015. Sadly i don't any pictures of him. So after that being said . I have made a new TB clone, with the words "Revised Travel Bug" on one side and "Tracking Code ######" on the other side, see pictures. Is there a way to get him back into "My Inventory" , so when i drop him into a cache he will show up in the cache inventory?

1086483899_TB1.jpg.03eb2d3aac179d6b2945d49fb861ae43.jpg1912149250_TB2-Copy.jpg.4591c674dc307808031b1ac612ae7b48.jpg

Go to the listing for that travel bug. If it the one I am thinking, it is “in the hands of” another cacher. One of your logging options is to “grab it” from that cacher. (Under “make a  log entry,” not Actions.) Do it. It should show up as “in the hands of the owner” then.

Edited by msrubble
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, msrubble said:

Go to the listing for that travel bug. If it the one I am thinking, it is “in the hands of” another cacher. One of your logging options is to “grab it” from that cacher. (Under “make a  log entry,” not Actions.) Do it. It should show up as “in the hands of the owner” then.

thanks for the info. worked perfect. on a different note. i see you have made a lot of posts. I am a Premium Member,  But my Avatar for the postings say Tadpole above my picture and Member below. Would you know why it doesn't say  Premium Member?

Thanks again for your help.:)

13 hours ago, Shred-Tec said:

I am a Premium Member,  But my Avatar for the postings say Tadpole above my picture and Member below. Would you know why it doesn't say  Premium Member?

Thanks again for your help.:)

"Tadpole" used to be the amount of posts.  After ten it should say "geocacher".   IIRC, basic members would say "basic member" there.

Some of those functions to change custom forum wording still aren't working after an "update" years ago.

Did you try to log out and back in yet ?  It should say premium member under your avatar.   :) 

• Helpful 1
30 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

"Tadpole" used to be the amount of posts.  After ten it should say "geocacher".   IIRC, basic members would say "basic member" there.

Some of those functions to change custom forum wording still aren't working after an "update" years ago.

Did you try to log out and back in yet ?  It should say premium member under your avatar.   :) 

Thanks,It worked. :)

I've had them turn up after a couple of years lost in the wilderness, and found others that had been lost for 5 or more years.... if the original does show you may end up with some confusing logs and confused cachers.... of course it probably won't...... I do like your handiwork.

2 minutes ago, lee737 said:

I've had them turn up after a couple of years lost in the wilderness, and found others that had been lost for 5 or more years.... if the original does show you may end up with some confusing logs and confused cachers.... of course it probably won't...... I do like your handiwork.

Thanks, i had fun making it also. :)