Distance and Bearing?

3 hours ago, MartyBartfast said:

Wow that's quite ingenious and for anyone doing it that way I admire their/your creativity and tenacity. You would be going on the hunt with possibly fuzzy co-ordinates, little detail about the cache container, and no hint, so as far as I'm concerned if you find caches like this then you surely deserve the smiley!

If I recall correctly, I found 6 caches basing on "fuzzy" coordinates (which turned out to be not so fuzzy). Not so many, but PMO caches are in definite minority here, anyway. I admit, it is a kind of a challenge to find something with only that information available, so I did not assume I found anything. As for work put in to calculate coordinates: I am so bad in searching in the field that any helpful information can make a difference between "found it" and "did not found". ;)

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, bflentje said:

Finding PMO caches is that LAST reason on my list of why I personally pay for PMO.

I definitely value other premium features a LOT more than access to PMO caches. And actually, I don't really think of it as access to PMO caches, but freedom from worrying about whether or not a cache is PMO.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, niraD said:

I definitely value other premium features a LOT more than access to PMO caches. And actually, I don't really think of it as access to PMO caches, but freedom from worrying about whether or not a cache is PMO.

I decided to go for premium mainly because of ignore list being a PMO feature, but I make use of other advantages too. But I still "worry" whether a cache is PMO, not because of listing availability, but because of mentioned somewhere on the forum feature allowing a CO to spy who enters a cache listing. Knowing that my reading a listing is noticed by a CO is a little unnerving.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, rapotek said:

Knowing that my reading a listing is noticed by a CO is a little unnerving.

I guess I view that issue a little differently. I can neither confirm nor deny taking deliberate action to view all of a CO's caches when said CO mentioned in the forums that the audit log provided useful information. And I can neither confirm nor deny doing so multiple times.

• Funny 3
1 hour ago, rapotek said:

But I still "worry" whether a cache is PMO, not because of listing availability, but because of mentioned somewhere on the forum feature allowing a CO to spy who enters a cache listing.

Usually it doesn’t bother me.  I occasionally check my cache’s audit log, to see if there’s a lot of interest... or to see if nobody intends to come.  Just for my information.

But, yeah, when it’s a cache of one of the local self-described super-villains, I tread lightly.  It’s the COs who make a special cache log if there are a lot of audit hits.  You’re being watched and they make sure you know that.

22 minutes ago, kunarion said:

Usually it doesn’t bother me.  I occasionally check my cache’s audit log, to see if there’s a lot of interest... or to see if nobody intends to come.  Just for my information.

But, yeah, when it’s a cache of one of the local self-described super-villains, I tread lightly.  It’s the COs who make a special cache log if there are a lot of audit hits.  You’re being watched and they make sure you know that.

Interesting discussion on the audit log and how to avoid being "seen":

2 hours ago, rapotek said:

I decided to go for premium mainly because of ignore list being a PMO feature, but I make use of other advantages too. But I still "worry" whether a cache is PMO, not because of listing availability, but because of mentioned somewhere on the forum feature allowing a CO to spy who enters a cache listing. Knowing that my reading a listing is noticed by a CO is a little unnerving.

We became PM just for notifications, and use little extra still today.   :)

If you do PQs, use gsak, or simply use a phone (anything that keeps you off the site), you don't get added to a CO's "audit".   ;)

27 minutes ago, kunarion said:

But what can they possibly do with that information..  so what if you look at a cache listing. I look at dozens of them a day.

• Love 1