Creating a Scavenger Hunt Problem

CEO44

Is anyone else having problems creating Scavenger Hunts? No matter what I put in the starting location, including cutting and pasting my existing hunt starting  locations,  I  seem to finish up with:

A starting point either in the USA or the middle of an ocean somewhere. I live in the UK. 

All Wild Cards and no existing Waymarks.

Is it just me or is something else now broken?

1 hour ago, CEO44 said:

Is anyone else having problems creating Scavenger Hunts? No matter what I put in the starting location, including cutting and pasting my existing hunt starting  locations,  I  seem to finish up with:

A starting point either in the USA or the middle of an ocean somewhere. I live in the UK. 

All Wild Cards and no existing Waymarks.

Is it just me or is something else now broken?

I just created a test hunt. It worked perfectly.  Can you post a screenshot?

http://www.Waymarking.com/hunt/details.aspx?guid=96de8974-0d7f-42b2-a7ee-8ecf804364a7&mt=5

P.S. The last time I tried to help you with a hunt question you didn't return to reply. Can you please let us know this time? These forums can help others who have a similar issue. You have great questions!

Edited by Max and 99

I did reply to your comments about my previous hunt question on December 11.  Have had no further contact with anyone about the issue.  The best way seems to be to bite the bullet and delete the entire hunt as I can never complete it.  

As regards this question I set up another hunt 'Exploring Norwich' and used an existing Waymark ID 'WMGQ1E'.  Lo and behold it worked and I now have another hunt.  However when I used this Waymarks location '31U E 384392 N 5832326' as the start location for a new hunt all I got were 25 Wildcards and no existing Waymarks.  The map itself was blue, indicating water all round I believe.  So, apart from using an existing waymark ID as the starting location I'm not sure what format to use for the start location.

20 minutes ago, CEO44 said:

I did reply to your comments about my previous hunt question on December 11.  Have had no further contact with anyone about the issue.  The best way seems to be to bite the bullet and delete the entire hunt as I can never complete it.  

As regards this question I set up another hunt 'Exploring Norwich' and used an existing Waymark ID 'WMGQ1E'.  Lo and behold it worked and I now have another hunt.  However when I used this Waymarks location '31U E 384392 N 5832326' as the start location for a new hunt all I got were 25 Wildcards and no existing Waymarks.  The map itself was blue, indicating water all round I believe.  So, apart from using an existing waymark ID as the starting location I'm not sure what format to use for the start location.

What's the "U" after 31? 

it makes sense to me that a location in the middle of the ocean would only generate Wildcards since there are no created waymarks there to visit. 

For my start locations I use a GC or WM code.  I just ran a test using coords taken directly from a waymark. I didn't get all wildcards, but mostly wildcards, and the coords converted to all zeroes! It shows my coords, then coords with all zeroes after the hunt is generated. Zip code location seems to give the same results.

I would add this to a glitch that will not get fixed, and stick with a GC or WM code. 

Edited by Max and 99