Doublespaced notification emails

pinkunicorn

As of a couple of days ago, all emails I get about various types of logs that I have notifications for have extra superfluous newlines between every line (Logged by, Log type, Date, etc) which means that all the interesting information (i.e. the actual log) is now outside a typical laptop screen. Please revert back to the old look.

Mac OS 10.14.5

Mail.app 12.4 (3445.104.11)

(I include a screenshot of a recent broken log as well as an older correct one.)

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-02 um 13.20.11.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-02 um 13.21.52.png

• Upvote 4
  • Helpful 3
4 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

Kind of wondering what code update would have even made double-spaced text in the notification emails, apart from explicitly adding that... odd

In my e-mails all lines are joined together because of my filtering. It can not understand the new linefeed at all. This kind of things happens normally when CR+LF is converted to LF+LF and LF back to CR+LF etc.

3 minutes ago, arisoft said:

This kind of things happens normally when CR+LF is converted to LF+LF and LF back to CR+LF etc.

Yes. It means someone decided to change how new lines are formed. Still can't see someone changing the new line to two of the same code. There are different standards for different platforms, but LF is explicit everywhere; some platforms might treat CR as a LF. But two LF's?  I can technically understand why it could happen, just not what code update (intentional change) would have produced this...