October 1st - Ontario. State of affairs.

CacheDrone

Speaking only for myself, starting today my review style will strive to match the published guidelines 100%.  Since there have been several, repeated comments regarding the consistency and application of the guidelines being called into question, all reviews going forward are to be reviewed "by the book" should I be the reviewer handling your submission. No longer will I entertain discussions of opinion, justifications based on existing caches or anything other than the exact wording of the guidelines. Exceptions will once again be as rare as a full moon on February 29th.

Feel free to thank the small handful of the community that constantly complains that the Ontario reviewers are inconsistent, sucking the fun out of the game, driving people away, and numerous other ungrateful comments when all we are trying to do is keep things fun for as many people as possible.  I'm not supposed to airing grievances but I think that the vast majority of good players, that work with the reviewers to meet the guidelines and don't expect to be treated like offended, entitled snowflakes, deserve to know that the attitudes of some local players to throw us under the bus, scream foul, and turn others against us and this often thankless job, lately seems like a stone weight around my neck.  

It doesn't seem to matter how I try to explain the issues to the entitled, self-serving group.... it's never good enough, they lash out and frankly waste so much volunteer time that others with legitimate reviews are waiting.  If you can't abide by the guidelines that you agreed to when submitting your cache, if I am reviewing it then it will not get published no matter what you dig up from past caches, other reviewers or even something I did yesterday.  

Again, my apologies to the hundreds of Ontario players that just want to enjoy the game and are awesome to work with.  But to those that hide in dark corners of social media, post whiny notes before publication, and generally are unhappy with everything.... you no longer will get extra time because you should already know better.

Don't like what I'm saying?  Take a look at your attitude, and remember... you did this to yourself.  

• Upvote 5
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Love 2

uhmmm, calling people entitled snowflakes maybe isnt the best way to air your grievances?

im new to this and havent had any problems with submitting caches... but i follow the guidelines.

I have no idea who this "entitled group" you're talking about is... is this geocache beef i'm smelling?

If youre burnt out from doing this, you can always stop... or pass the torch on.

No need to get crusty about it, if its really upsetting you.

Anyways... i guess i'll thank you for the thankless job just to make it just a little less thankless for you.

Thanks. : )

• Love 1
On 1/13/2020 at 2:48 AM, VRTrooper84 said:

uhmmm, calling people entitled snowflakes maybe isnt the best way to air your grievances?

im new to this and havent had any problems with submitting caches... but i follow the guidelines.

I have no idea who this "entitled group" you're talking about is... is this geocache beef i'm smelling?

If youre burnt out from doing this, you can always stop... or pass the torch on.

No need to get crusty about it, if its really upsetting you.

Anyways... i guess i'll thank you for the thankless job just to make it just a little less thankless for you.

Thanks. : )

First Off Welcome To The Game! There are many great people in this game just like you, they follow the rules, they are nice, and they listen to what the reviewer has to say. but there is a select few people here in ontario that really mistreat the reviewers. they "bend" the guidelines. instead of moving the cache like the reviewer says you have to, they argue back. there is ALOT of hate towards reviewers and they dont deserve it at all. The Reviewers are people, just like you and i are, no one deserves to be treated badly. the world needs peace and happiness now more then ever.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1