message "Unable to Connect to the Internet"

teekaymn

Hi Everyone -- I've been out of Geocaching for awhile and I'm anxious to get back in. However, I can't seem to be able to log in with my phone. When I type in my account name and password (same as I used to get to my account on my laptop, so they're obviously correct) I get this message: "Unable to Connect to the Internet". I'm definitely connected to the internet with my phone (iPhone 7), and I've tried deleting my Geocache App and re-downloading it, to no avail. Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Are you using the free official app or the old paid one... or any other?

Thanks for the reply, RuideAlmeida -- I don't believe I paid for the app. If I remember correctly, the only thing I ever paid for was the annual membership. The app I'm trying to connect with has a video intro, with the first part of the video showing a geocacher lowering a small chair from a tree, to discover his cache. A couple more videos follow. Is there a different app I should be trying?

36 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

OK... it's the free official.

My question was related to the fact that the old paid app is no longer usable...

Weird... Maybe is something not related to the app, but your iOS settings?

Yes, I thought it might be something with my settings, too -- was hoping someone else had similar issues and solved it! I'll dig through iOS settings some more.

8 hours ago, KD_cachers said:

Maybe that is why I could never get the new app to work on my tablet. Very frustrating since the old paid for app worked so well.

My solution was to install one of the unmentionable apps and I have never had a problem with it

If cellular data was turned off, the unmentionable app probably wouldn't work either, so it's unlikely that this was your issue. If you're ever interested in trying to sort it out, feel free to post here in the forums and I'm sure the gang here would be happy to help you get off of the-app-that-shall-not-be-named. You'd be doing everyone a favour.

• Helpful 1

Bonsoir a tous,

j'ai le même problème que teekaymn.

mon application sur iphone 8 est maintenant, mais chaque fois que j'essaye de me connecter à un autre message affiché:  "Impossible de se connecter à Internet"

Je viens de lire les messages précédents dans cette discussion, et j'ai donc regardé mes données cellulaires, et ils sont bien actifs.

alors je ne comprends pas.

pour moi: je suis géocacheur depuis 2010, et avant de passer sur l'Iphone8 jamais de problème sur l'appli malgré tout le changement de smartphone.

merci d'avance pour vos réponses