Which categories require you to use HTML?

Max and 99

I got a notification today that my waymark was declined, solely because I didn't use HTML. 

"Since Groudspeak "fixed" the site a couple years ago...you now need html to keep this straight in ALL the boxes...Your (retracted) coordinance all jammed together...You spaced the nicely in the submission but witout html it will not stay that way...if you put at the end of each one it will make them in the spaced order you typed them. Thanks"

So,  I want to know which categories either require HTML or the officers will edit your waymark page and add it themseves. I will be avoiding those categories. I did not know that my waymark creation  could be declined for not using HTML.

This problem was caused by Groundspeak redefining the characteristics of a text box, sometime in the past couple of years. I first noticed it in the Municipal Parks category, where there's a text box to list recreational facilities. Previously, one could list all items in a return separated list and the items would each appear as a separate line item. After the change to the characteristics of the field, enabling it to use HTML, all previously filed waymarks render the return separated list as a run-on, sentence style list. The return character in HTML rendering is ignored and treated as a space. The only way to get the original look as separate list items, is to use the line-break tag, <br>, to have the items rendered on separate lines. Another more complicated way might be using the ul tag.

<ul>

<li>ITEM one</li>

<li>ITEM two</li>

</ul>

I'm not aware of any categories that require HTML formatting, but I have been "fixing" some submissions to make lists in a text  box appear as the submitter thought they would appear.

In short, this a Groundspeak-induced problem, that affects text boxes across every category that uses them in their variables.

• Upvote 1
On 9/28/2019 at 11:19 PM, Max and 99 said:

I got a notification today that my waymark was declined, solely because I didn't use HTML. 

"Since Groudspeak "fixed" the site a couple years ago...you now need html to keep this straight in ALL the boxes...Your (retracted) coordinance all jammed together...You spaced the nicely in the submission but witout html it will not stay that way...if you put at the end of each one it will make them in the spaced order you typed them. Thanks"

So,  I want to know which categories either require HTML or the officers will edit your waymark page and add it themseves. I will be avoiding those categories. I did not know that my waymark creation  could be declined for not using HTML.

I've never denied a submission for not using HTML - I am not aware of any categories that require it.  I am trying to learn a little HTML just because it makes for a little nicer page, but it should never be required.  :)