Input Media Not Displaying on IOS Player

Forest-Ghost

I recently built a Wherigo trivia game. For some reason when I download the cartridge from Wherigo.com to my iphone se the media in all of the inputs will not display. Instead I receive a blank "splash screen." There are other images in the cartridge which appear fine, the issue is specific to images displayed in "inputs."

I have tried resizing the media images down to 170 as the maximum dimension and still nothing displays. The odd thing is that if I download the cartridge from Wherigo foundation to my iphone SE the input images appear fine. There are no issues seeing the input images if I play the cartridge on webwigo.com or the android player if I download through Wherigo.com.

Any one have any ideas for what might be causing this? 

https://www.wherigofoundation.com/cartridge/cartridge_details.aspx?wg=WG1CG

http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=66239c30-d7fd-4636-8c11-96cee6d197b0

I had a look to both cartridge. I choose the Question Mark picture at random (last object, #54, used in some inputs)...

Wherigo Foundation (iPhone with retina) :

• Picture is a 270 × 270 JPEG
  • It weights 11,442 bytes (11 kilobytes)
  • JFIF resolution is 96 pixels/inch
  • Doesn't contain any EXIF information

Wherigo.com (Pocket PC) :

• Picture is a 170 × 170 JPEG
  • It weights 8,420 bytes (8 kilobytes)
  • JFIF resolution is 120 pixels/inch
  • Contains EXIF information in Motorola (Big-endian) encoding
  • Contains non-standard EXIF tags: 0x5110, 0x5111 and 0x5112
  • Contains standard EXIF tag "Software", value "Adobe ImageReady"

Webwigo screenshot of Wherigo.com cartridge:

1620744121_Screenshot_2019-09-25webwigo.png.48a94e17f1e1a4476da63cc4d2a036e4.png

Same screen of the same cartridge displayed on Wherigo app on iPhone 6S:

IMG_0008.thumb.PNG.f756d880636673c79621701ac305c0c3.PNG

I wasn't able to launch the Wherigo Foundation cartridge on iPhone: it crashed.

I can't really explain the differences we see, but maybe someone responsible for the Wherigo Foundation compiler would step in and explain what it does...

Both cartridges are runnable on Android with WhereYouGo. But the Wherigo Foundation one crashes when you type the answer of a question (name of mascot). Funnily enough, if you don't type any answer to this question, the cartridge doesn't crash and you can continue to play...

Wherigo.com's cartridge screenshot (same question as above):

262676568_2019-09-2521_38_13.thumb.jpg.4101f4e33080c8d00a71650e0900c5ea.jpg

Wherigo Foundation (iPhone with retina)'s cartridge screenshot:

264827775_2019-09-2521_43_38.thumb.jpg.ead2c12d574bb0b721815843b12a56a7.jpg

Note that the Wherigo Foundation picture is a little bit smoother, which is understandable as its resolution is better.

Edited by Tungstène

Thank you Tungstène for looking at the cartridge. I really appreciate it. I am really perplexed as to why it is not working. That is also too bad to hear that the WF version of the cartridge crashed on the 6S. This evening I tried deleting a bunch of the inputs to see if the cartridge worked with only 9 questions but I still get the same splash screen error. I will keep experimenting, but if anyone else has other ideas to try it would be greatly appreciated!

*As a side note for the image quality, I did not previously mention that the images in the foundation version of the cartridge were slightly better resolution because the Wherigo.com version contains the images that I shrunk down slightly.*

Well, I started re-building the cartridge from scratch. So far I have 6 inputs and all of them are displaying clearly. I will probably not be able to finish re-building the whole cartridge till this weekend but I will post the new version here if the pictures show after I have completed everything.

Not really sure why but this has been a re-occurring issue I have had with cartridges that I build in urwigo. I will get to the end of many hours of coding. The cartridge will work fine in webwigo but then when I go to upload it to Wherigo.com the cartridge doesn't work. I have had to rebuild several cartridges like this now and they all seem to work fine after the re-build. 

After having spent way too much time experimenting around with the cartridge, I have gotten most of the images to display. The problem is though, I am not really sure what has changed that has allowed some to display and others not to display. I have tried re-uploading the images into urwigo several times and it seems the order of how they are uploaded effects whether or not they are displayed in the player: the last images to be uploaded into urwigo are not displayed. 

There are 56 total images in the cartridge so maybe I have hit an upper limit of images? Sometime around a year and a half ago Groundspeak made a bunch of changes to the Wherigo website and they emailed out a bunch of people about various cartridges not working. I am wondering if this is somehow related to the problem as the issue seems to be specific to the Wherigo website.

Here's the latest version of the cartridge: http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=0e636ec0-8b1e-461c-911d-8c08867d7b4d

Edited by Forest-Ghost