View Old Listings of Archived Caches

brennan7

Hello,

I am looking to find the old listing pages for a cache that I had tried to publish a long time ago but due to circumstances, wasn’t published. Now I am trying to find the coordinates to the stages of that cache (this was a while ago and I don’t have them) but I can’t seem to find the old listing of the archived, unpublished cache. Does someone know where to access this? 

Thanks! 

I find that to be an annoyance as well.  You don't get a perpetual record of those listings.

Personally, I'd suggest looking through old email notifications or trash, if you've still got them.  That may be all you've got.  I've lost a couple good spots that way too, and long written cache descriptions you also can't get back.  On the other hand, it should teach us not to 'squat' with an unused listing for too long :P

It's taught me to store gc-related emails for a looongtime. Just in case.

34 minutes ago, brennan7 said:

Hello,

I am looking to find the old listing pages for a cache that I had tried to publish a long time ago but due to circumstances, wasn’t published. Now I am trying to find the coordinates to the stages of that cache (this was a while ago and I don’t have them) but I can’t seem to find the old listing of the archived, unpublished cache. Does someone know where to access this? 

Thanks! 

See if this is what you want.  It's a link that should apply to the logged-in user. There's a box on the right side of the screen with archived unpublished caches.  I picked one at random, and my coordinates seem to still be fine.

This is in the old Profile page, in case it matters.  I haven't tested this in the New Experience.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
2 minutes ago, kunarion said:

See if this is what you want.  It's a link that should apply to the logged-in user. There's a box on the right side of the screen with archived unpublished caches.  I picked one at random, and my coordinates seem to still be fine.

This is in the old  Profile page, in case it matters.  I haven't tested this in the New Experience

Ooooooooooh! Hey, TIL something new. :)  Thx, that goes waaaay back. Excellent.

2 minutes ago, niraD said:

It may be possible to scan through the Reviewer Notes that you've posted...

https://www.geocaching.com/my/logs.aspx?s=1&lt=18

Two of my unpublished archived caches are not in that list.  I didn't post a reviewer note.  But that more or less works!

A couple of mine got archived after they were sitting for two years.  Publish or lose them.  I kind of didn't know that in advance. :)