visible scale in map

bliss-chris

These days I was out in mountains hiking and -of course- geocaching. The area was quite empty of anything, so I had to zoom out a lot to find a cache or a village or anything. But looking at the map in the app I found most interesting that there was no visible scale. Just by looking at the map I had no way of telling how much of the countryside I was looking at and therefore about the distances I was looking at. Clicking on a cache showed me the distance to it, okay, but wouldn't it be nice to have a small scale in the corner like you basically have in any map you look at?

I'm using the latest official geocaching app and I attached a random screenshot.

Screenshot_20190920-143105.png

Edited by bliss-chris
Information and screenshot added.
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, hzoi said:

While we're tinkering with the map view on the app, it would be nice if it could zoom in more.  I am spoiled by my GPSr's ability to zoom in within a few feet, can't zoom in too closely with the app.

Hi hzoi,

this would be a different feature. You might want to think about writing a new thread for this, so it can be discussed there.

• Helpful 1
18 minutes ago, SpiritGuide said:
6 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:

I would like a scale too but it was already proposed ages ago so it seems too complicated to implement.

Actually, it's very easy to implement. Geooh GO has one.

There are a number of features that have been present in all the API partner apps that I've used, but which are not present in Groundspeak's app.

• Helpful 1