Who is interested in helping with Where's in a Name? waymarks?

Max and 99

21 minutes ago, vulture1957 said:

and it's working. Got 2 folks that said they'll go look for pictures. And one is in southeast Wisconsin, and I'm seeing if she'd like to do the ISS Sighting on the 15th.

I just got back from a trip in June Waymarking a bunch of stuff in Southeast Wisconsin.   

I'm having a heck of a time wrapping my brain around this category :grin:

I think my username converts to 76 25.242 -- in which case I'm looking at places like Russia and Canada's Northwest Territories. Or Antarctica to the south!

Would someone who has a better handle on this be willing to confirm if I've converted correctly?

11 minutes ago, Rock Chalk said:

I'm having a heck of a time wrapping my brain around this category :grin:

I think my username converts to 76 25.242 -- in which case I'm looking at places like Russia and Canada's Northwest Territories. Or Antarctica to the south!

Would someone who has a better handle on this be willing to confirm if I've converted correctly?

You converted correctly. Don't forget E and W.

Someone on the U.S. northeast coast might be able to help you with a waymark.

Edited by Max and 99

Here are a couple of my waymarks which are close to the longitude you need.  They give you an idea about the great range in geography that could be used.

https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMKYD3_St_Alexanders_Roman_Catholic_Cemetery_Sand_Point_McNab_Township_Renfrew_County_Ontario

https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMBF7J_BEDFORD_MILLS

You would have better luck with someone based in Kingston, Ontario.

What specifically are you seeking, a spectacular waymark to be seen at your co-ordinates or any old location that matches your co-ordinates?

If it wasn't for travel restrictions indirectly related to the pandemic, I would volunteer to create something in the very near future.  However, to be honest, I can't really travel far enough until things return somewhat to normal, if they ever do.

Edited by elyob
23 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

You converted correctly. Don't forget E and W.

Someone on the U.S. northeast coast might be able to help you with a waymark.

Ahh, of course, E and W! Thanks for pointing that out.

21 hours ago, elyob said:

What specifically are you seeking, a spectacular waymark to be seen at your co-ordinates or any old location that matches your co-ordinates?

A cool waymark would be great, but I don't want to put anyone out unnecessarily. Then again, I'm in no hurry.

On 10/7/2020 at 5:45 PM, vulture1957 said:

76 25 puts it pretty close to Ottawa, Canada. Quite a few waymarkers and geocachers around there.

And I think @bluesnote could be close when he is at school. Syracuse NY, Baltimore MD and Norfolk VA.

I'm actually back in California right now as my school has been pretty much all online since March. I will likely be near Baltimore for Christmas, but nothing is set in stone yet. Not sure if my family and I want to fly come December. But if I do go back east, I'll offer help where I can :)

• Helpful 1