travel bug

Suliro

9 hours ago, Suliro said:

I collect some travel bug during my vacation. I drop one somewhere but i dont know how to register my drop ????

Thanks

When you find a cache that has a trackable item in it AND you take it to move on, you log it as retrieved, if you merely saw the trackable you say you discovered it. Either way you need to note the number on the trackable. On the mobile app  you can do that under "Trackables" a little lower on the page, below activity and attributes. Simply go to "Trackables",  select "Geocache"  and merely select the trackable with the corresponding number,  mark as retrieved. If seeing and not taking, mark discovered. 

When leaving/dropping a trackable in a cache go through the same process, except mark as dropped.  When doing so do not mark as both visited and dropped. (I did that but found I was wrong.)

You can retrieve , drop, visit, or discover a trackable at your home computer once the act is accomplished. Just make sure you know the number on the trackable and which cache s involved. U You can make rudimentary comments on the phone or whatever then edit the log at home.

Hope that helps.

One other note, if I visit a cache and see that a trackable is supposed to be there but isn't, I usually make a note of that in the log. And if there is a trackable in the cache but it doesn't show up under the trackable section, it was probably not logged right; I think in that case you can "grab" it,  then take proper action as to retrieved or whatever you do.