I want to load new caches to my Garmin Oregon 450

ka6aru (Jim)

I just moved to a new state about a month ago & I haven’t been geocaching that much in the last 5 to 10 yrs. Maybe one or two every year or so, & that’s why I do have a premium membership. I did have many yrs ago when it 1st started but don’t really need it. But I would like to load the GPX file to my Oregon 450 but can’t seem to do it. Is it because I’m not a premium member? Is there a way to load GPX files to my Garmin? I have had an account here since Nov 2011

TNX

From the cache page click "Download GPX."  It will download the gpx file to your computer, probably to the Downloads folder.  You must cut or copy and paste the file into the Garmin/GPX folder on the 450.  If you have the option to choose the destination when downloading the GPX file, pick the Garmin/GPX folder and you'll be able to skip the cut/paste step.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2

I just did this, plugged in my old Oregon 450, waited until my computer saw it as a drive, logged in my Basic Account, went to https://coord.info/GCRFZ2

hit the download gpx, and was able to Save and then direct the save into the K drive, ie, the card in the Garmin. 

And it's there, all complete, hint description and last most recent 20 logs. 

This will be one gpx at a time, but it's not real time consuming if you're just looking to find a cache or two or three now and then.

Possible that if you wanted a bunch, it might work faster to save to the computer (downloads tends to be the default), then copy paste the group all at the same time to the Garmin gpx folder.

Edited by Isonzo Karst
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
On 9/12/2019 at 6:23 PM, icezebra11 said:

From the cache page click "Download GPX."  It will download the gpx file to your computer, probably to the Downloads folder.  You must cut or copy and paste the file into the Garmin/GPX folder on the 450.  If you have the option to choose the destination when downloading the GPX file, pick the Garmin/GPX folder and you'll be able to skip the cut/paste step.

TNX for the help. It works & I'm going to get back into GC

• Helpful 1
23 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

I just did this, plugged in my old Oregon 450, waited until my computer saw it as a drive, logged in my Basic Account, went to https://coord.info/GCRFZ2

hit the download gpx, and was able to Save and then direct the save into the K drive, ie, the card in the Garmin. 

And it's there, all complete, hint description and last most recent 20 logs. 

This will be one gpx at a time, but it's not real time consuming if you're just looking to find a cache or two or three now and then.

Possible that if you wanted a bunch, it might work faster to save to the computer (downloads tends to be the default), then copy paste the group all at the same time to the Garmin gpx folder.

TNX for the idea. I'll try to download right to my 450