making my first log book

toothlesslightfury

Hide a bigger container and use a small book as logbook!

Here in Germany I could by a nice box ("Lock and lock" for example) and a nice logbook ("China-Kladde" for example) for less then 5 Euro (about 5 Dollar).

Those printouts seem to be good in the beginning but after some cachers pressing the log"book" in the micro cache it does not look good anymore.

It is your first hide, so make it something special. The first hide is the best. :-)

• Upvote 1
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:31 AM, toothlesslightfury said:

We are planning to hide our first cache and the log book print outs that I am finding for 1" log have a ton of lines. How do I make this? 

https://www.geocachingstuff.com/LogSheets/Small_Log_Sheets.pdf

You simply print it out, and cut each so they're separated ...  

We use Rite in Rain paper for this type (our only micro left), but use only lines (logs are to replace filled ones).

28 minutes ago, toothlesslightfury said:

It was just odd to me that it would be super long strips of lined paper and not any repeat typing of name/date. Thought maybe I was missing something.  

Most Geocachers see those lines and put a date and initials, or sometimes use two lines for that.  I’ve never had a problem on my caches, except sometimes someone fills half a log sheet by signing real big across it. But whatcha gonna do. <_<

By the way, you have an awesome Geocacher name! :P

Edited by kunarion
On 9/9/2019 at 5:49 PM, toothlesslightfury said:

It was just odd to me that it would be super long strips of lined paper and not any repeat typing of name/date. Thought maybe I was missing something.  

No, you are not missing anything.  Most logs we find have lines; a spot at the top for FTF date and sig, but after that, just lines.  Some add only a signature or stamp.  We typically add the date and our signatures on the sheet.  If it is a BOOK, and there's room, we'll add a few words about the day, the find, etc.

The full text of my log goes on the website log that I write once I am home at the end of the day.  Rarely does the log at the cache itself get more than a signature or initials, because there is no room for more.