Help us plan future souvenir campaigns!

Max and 99

For those who didn't get a MATM souvenir survey (maybe everyone did, I don't know!), here were the questions asked:

1.  Did you participate in Mystery at the Museum? Yes, No, Not sure

2. How would you rate the challenge of MATM? Extremely easy, Easy, Just right, Challenging, Extremely  Challenging, N/A

3. Why did you choose this rating?

4. Overall, how satisfied were you with MATM? Very unsatisfied, Unsatisfied, Neutral, Satisfied, Extremely Satisfied, N/A

5. Why did you choose this rating?

6.  What was the last souvenir you earned in the MATM souvenir campaign?

7. Do you have any additional comments or feedback about MATM?

8. What is your current find count? 1-10, 11-20, 20-50, 51-100, 101+

9. Are you a Basic or Premium member?

10. In what country do you live?

11. Are you a geocache owner?

12. How did you feel about having digital clues in your geocache? Very positive, Positive, Neutral, Negative, Very negative.

13. Why did you choose this rating?

14. Last question was not related to MATM.

I think Groundspeak did a good job with the questions they asked.

Yeah, I didn't really have any issues with the questions or the way they were worded. I liked that they had optional text boxes for additional comments, which I used extensively.

One thing that caught my attention was the very low ranges in the find count question. It makes it seem like they want to differentiate the responses for those who have only just started caching, and everyone else gets lumped together in the "101+ finds, so we consider you experienced" category. Personally, I would start that level at a much higher count, but maybe they get the most interesting responses from those who are right at the beginning. Fresh eyes and all...

• Upvote 4
24 minutes ago, The A-Team said:

One thing that caught my attention was the very low ranges in the find count question. It makes it seem like they want to differentiate the responses for those who have only just started caching, and everyone else gets lumped together in the "101+ finds, so we consider you experienced" category. Personally, I would start that level at a much higher count, but maybe they get the most interesting responses from those who are right at the beginning. Fresh eyes and all...

I agree, the range of finds seems silly especially since anyone that completed MATM would probably have at least 50 cache finds by now.

11 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

For those who didn't get a MATM souvenir survey (maybe everyone did, I don't know!), here were the questions asked:

1.  Did you participate in Mystery at the Museum? Yes, No, Not sure

2. How would you rate the challenge of MATM? Extremely easy, Easy, Just right, Challenging, Extremely  Challenging, N/A

3. Why did you choose this rating?

4. Overall, how satisfied were you with MATM? Very unsatisfied, Unsatisfied, Neutral, Satisfied, Extremely Satisfied, N/A

5. Why did you choose this rating?

6.  What was the last souvenir you earned in the MATM souvenir campaign?

7. Do you have any additional comments or feedback about MATM?

8. What is your current find count? 1-10, 11-20, 20-50, 51-100, 101+

9. Are you a Basic or Premium member?

10. In what country do you live?

11. Are you a geocache owner?

12. How did you feel about having digital clues in your geocache? Very positive, Positive, Neutral, Negative, Very negative.

13. Why did you choose this rating?

14. Last question was not related to MATM.

I think Groundspeak did a good job with the questions they asked.

Where did they ask?

1. No

2. Extremely easy

3. Without participating I got everything needed.

4. Don't care

5. Because I really don't care.

6. I got them all but one  but it seems you had to do something for the final souvenir.

7. Have people opt-in if they want to play the promotion game, don't harass others with it.

8. 101+

9. PM

10. Belgium

11. No

12. ----

13. ???

14. then what was it related to?

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, on4bam said:

Where did they ask?

1. No

2. Extremely easy

3. Without participating I got everything needed.

4. Don't care

5. Because I really don't care.

6. I got them all but one  but it seems you had to do something for the final souvenir.

7. Have people opt-in if they want to play the promotion game, don't harass others with it.

8. 101+

9. PM

10. Belgium

11. No

12. ----

13. ???

14. then what was it related to?

14. They asked if you were interested in participating in future research. Something along those lines.

This was a survey I received via email.

The promotion ran during a hot, wet Florida summer where I did almost zero caching.

Furthermore, when I looked at the map filter for nearby unfound caches that had the Detective - which had to be found before everything else - the caches were mostly ones that were unfounded because the locations weren't of interest to me.

• Helpful 1