Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
lodgebarn

New page layout

I may be imagining this but has the page layout changed so you get a yellow disclaimer band and a larger note band in the browser. If so, thanks for taking even more of the screen, now I have to scroll to see anything useful. Surely there is a better way to layout the screen on a PC?

50 minutes ago, lodgebarn said:

I may be imagining this but has the page layout changed so you get a yellow disclaimer band and a larger note band in the browser. If so, thanks for taking even more of the screen, now I have to scroll to see anything useful. Surely there is a better way to layout the screen on a PC?

I just checked a cache listing, and it looks the same as it's been for years. Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

1 hour ago, lodgebarn said:

It's quite noticeable!

I don't think anything's changed for me (Firefox on Linux)
This is pretty much how it's looked for years:

image.thumb.png.923a9848b4ba62aa40dd2c9ace92907f.png

Yep, that's how it looks for me too. I'm just not seeing the "noticeable" differences mentioned by lodgebarn and Max and 99.

Edit to add: I should note that I'm not seeing anything different in IE, Firefox or Chrome.

Edited by The A-Team

Same here.  Maybe it's a slightly different color or something, but I don't see any real difference either.  IE/Windows 7.

1 hour ago, lodgebarn said:

I may be imagining this but has the page layout changed so you get a yellow disclaimer band and a larger note band in the browser.

If so, thanks for taking even more of the screen, now I have to scroll to see anything useful. Surely there is a better way to layout the screen on a PC?

I can't get this to work for me.  Tried both a basic Dell mouse, and my normal m570 trackball.

Just for the heck of it, I looked up a cache, and using both, it was two clicks of the scroll wheel to get to description (not even a swipe of the finger) .     :)

As mentioned, it’s these two bars. They aren't especially new.  They make take up more or less space in various browsers, but I don’t know if there’s some setting or extension that might hide one or the other.

3F8254DE-1564-47DD-82BC-712D0B2828DA.jpeg

Edited by kunarion

Disclaimer can be hidden by some tampermonkey scripts.

Notes are hidden to basic members.

Oh well just shows how much I take in from the web page. Something seemed different but clearly does not seem to be.

• Upvote 1