Email Finds

The_Secret_Seven

You could give a friend or family member (by email) your account password and they could log finds for you. By using email do you have a phone and/or using computer wifi? Or are you accessing via satellite?  Can you log on to geocaching.com?

Need a bit more information on your situation.

2 hours ago, The_Secret_Seven said:

Is it possible to email in find details?  I can access Email from the middle of no where in the outback but I can't access the website until I return to civilization so this option would speed up the process.

Some Apps and some hiking GPSs allow saving logs offline for loading to the site when online.  I do that from the Official Geocaching App, and on my GPS.

You can send an email to yourself and open it when you return... if having the log text is what “speeds up the process”.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
3 hours ago, The_Secret_Seven said:

Is it possible to email in find details?  I can access Email from the middle of no where in the outback but I can't access the website until I return to civilization so this option would speed up the process.

I like the idea of kunarion in sending the email to yourself.  Curious why you feel there's a need to "speed up the process".  Thanks.

We've cached since '04  , and still waiting until we get home to log finds.      :)

• Upvote 4
  • Helpful 3
6 hours ago, The_Secret_Seven said:

Why do you think you need to log "instantly"? There's nothing wrong with logging when you get back home , nobody is pressing F5 every few second to see if you found a cache already. ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
18 hours ago, on4bam said:

Why do you think you need to log "instantly"? There's nothing wrong with logging when you get back home , nobody is pressing F5 every few second to see if you found a cache already. ;)

How many times in these forums do we see FTF hounds fuss because they ended up STF, merely because the FTF didn't log, or write a Note or otherwise instantly let the world know a cache had been found? I'd say there are lots of folks constantly pressing F5 on caches.

15 minutes ago, ladyleo191 said:

How many times in these forums do we see FTF hounds fuss because they ended up STF, merely because the FTF didn't log, or write a Note or otherwise instantly let the world know a cache had been found? I'd say there are lots of folks constantly pressing F5 on caches.

Sure ... but that's  "etiquette"  they've invented for their own self interest.  

The OP was around long enough to remember caching without phones.   That's why I'm a bit curious too.    :)

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
5 hours ago, ladyleo191 said:

The TS doesn't mention FTF. The ones playing the FTF game will have to accept not getting there in time anyway even with instant logging they may be minutes to late.

Let's have a poll "do you F5 to see instant logs"? I doubt there are "a lot".

On 9/6/2019 at 9:44 PM, ladyleo191 said:

From the OP:

"I can access Email from the middle of no where in the outback but I can't access the website until I return to civilization"

I doubt the FTF hounds are too much a problem in this scenario.

• Upvote 2