Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle events

hikecycletri

I just read about the new promotional trackables and saw two TMNT events listed in the USA, Kentucky and Tennessee. I couldn't find any information about holding an event. I would be interested in holding one in NY's Capital Region. Is there a special process to go through similar to the GIFF and Creation Celebration events? Thanks. 

24 minutes ago, hikecycletri said:

I just read about the new promotional trackables and saw two TMNT events listed in the USA, Kentucky and Tennessee. I couldn't find any information about holding an event. I would be interested in holding one in NY's Capital Region. Is there a special process to go through similar to the GIFF and Creation Celebration events? Thanks. 

I get the impression that this isn't an event you can host yourself.

https://www.geocaching.com/play/promotions/ninjaturtles?id=3&utm_source=TMNT&utm_medium=TBpromo&utm_campaign=logbook

I thought it was strange that even though they're Ninja Turtles, there wasn't a single event in Asia... Then I looked at NYC where the Turtles are from and there wasn't even an event there. I guess most of the world just gets skipped this time. 

However, I am happy that I can enter the drawing to receive one this time. We always get left out of geocaching promotions here in Asia. 

5 hours ago, Crazedllama said:

Then I looked at NYC where the Turtles are from and there wasn't even an event there. I guess most of the world just gets skipped this time. 

I'm near NYC and saw one publish in the city yesterday.  The map on the promotion page doesn't show it though. I'm guessing the map hasn't been updated with more recently published events.  The city event is GC8D4R0 and it's being hosted by the Geocaching Promotions group.

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, kunarion said:

It's invisible in my web browser (Internet Explorer 11).  I had to switch to Chrome to see the form.

Thanks.  :)

- But I'm not changing browsers just for a trackable.   That's like another saying I should be using gsak to play this hobby too ...  :D

The last promotion was phones.   Sounds like we're slowly being phased out ...

Edited by cerberus1
auto-correct shut off ;)
  • Upvote 1
19 hours ago, kunarion said:

Me, neither.  I just have Chrome installed for situations like this, and to run certain extensions.

But you shouldn't have to.   Although Internet Explorer 11 is 6 years old it is still commonly used and currently supported.  Developers of web applications should support commonly used browsers,  or at the very least, detect that the user is using an old browser and display a compatibility message.  

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

Although Internet Explorer 11 is 6 years old it is still commonly used and currently supported.  

Much to my dismay.  Right now, my office's timesheet software only works using IE, which is utterly ridiculous, in my opinion.  It's less secure and Microsoft doesn't even update it anymore.  

• Surprised 1
3 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

Although Internet Explorer 11 is 6 years old it is still commonly used and currently supported.

1 hour ago, J Grouchy said:

It's less secure and Microsoft doesn't even update it anymore.  

Huh... I was under the impression that MSIE was dead, and that MS Edge had replaced it. But according to the MS web site, MSIE 11 is still supported, although only for security updates.

I wonder how many web sites have started to ignore MSIE though.