FTF NM

Harry Dolphin

I even had a FTS on a unhidden cache, and later that night the FTF on the same cache :o

The CO wasn't expecting the cache to be published that quick. So he sent the listing before he placed the cache.

After my DNF log he wrote me an apologizing message, stating the is in place now. I went there again to get the FTF.

A few weeks later he bought me a beer on a event :)

12 hours ago, captnemo said:

a cache that was muggled  before it was found

And sometimes the owner only puts the cache in place after the publish. That's what I hate most: a muggled cache is misfortune but owners that do not respect the simple rule of sending the listing to the reviewer only if the cache is out  is ..... grrrr! That's why I have lost interest in making FTFs...

Ah, while I posted this, DerDiedler posted a similar story - so it is not only me but I have never got a drink for that. ;-)

1 hour ago, frostengel said:

And sometimes the owner only puts the cache in place after the publish. That's what I hate most: a muggled cache is misfortune but owners that do not respect the simple rule of sending the listing to the reviewer only if the cache is out  is ..... grrrr! That's why I have lost interest in making FTFs...

Ah, while I posted this, DerDiedler posted so it is not only me but I have never got a drink for that. ;-)

Not in this case as it wasn't the same  day that it was listed that I searched for it.  Also the CO admitted that the cache was gone after I posted my DNF and archived it.  It was in a nice park that I have considered placing a cache but couldn't find a secure place to hide one. 

20 hours ago, frostengel said:

Mostly that's ignorance about the publishing process, but any disrespect. 

Although I wouldn't be surprised if some people have done so intentionally to troll the FTF hounds.

I've had 2 FTFs that didn't count, both on submitted caches that turned out to break the proximity rule to a non-trad. The first one, the older multi (that I was searching for) had gone missing and was archived - my "FTF" was never published; the 2nd one was too close to a cache in the same series where the path twists back on itself, I'd seen a gap between two neighbours and looked in a likely spot on the off chance! The CO had received the reviewer rejection but not got round to picking up the container or re-submitting the cache.

Good job I'm not huge on FTFs - Project GC tells me "Oxford Stone has 70 FTF (1.10%)" (one every 35.7 days)... [one of the local FTF fiends has 297 FTF (10.24%)...]