ARRRGGGGHHHH, MAC / PQ HELP

Good evening,

Have been running GSAK on a MAC via VM fusion for many years.  The system has taken a dump.  I used to keep a PC in the stable for times like this siiiiggghhhhh.

Anyone care to suggest PQ to Garmins via MAC.

PLEASE keep it simple I am old and addled and have not many skills beyond an abacus.

Thanks in advance

5 hours ago, humboldt flier said:

Good evening,

Have been running GSAK on a MAC via VM fusion for many years.  The system has taken a dump.  I used to keep a PC in the stable for times like this siiiiggghhhhh.

Anyone care to suggest PQ to Garmins via MAC.

PLEASE keep it simple I am old and addled and have not many skills beyond an abacus.

Thanks in advance

Is it tough to set GSAK back up?

If you have a newer Garmin that accepts GPX files directly (2008 or newer might just do), you could use Garmin Express and send "Lists" and individual caches.  That's not hard to set up. https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=138&pgid=827

Anyway, if you have GPX files (such as an unzipped Pocket Query) and a newish Garmin GPS, put the GPX files into the [DRIVE:]/Garmin/GPX directory.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, kunarion said:

Is it tough to set GSAK back up?

If you have a newer Garmin that accepts GPX files directly (2008 or newer might just do), you could use Garmin Express and send "Lists" and individual caches.  That's not hard to set up. https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=138&pgid=827

Anyway, if you have GPX files (such as an unzipped Pocket Query) and a newish Garmin GPS, put the GPX files into the [DRIVE:]/Garmin/GPX directory.

Macs don't have drive letters.   When connecting an external device with accessible storage (flash driver, digital camera, gps) it will be accessible from /Volumes/[some name].   It will be something like /Volumes/GPS/Garmin/GPX  and the gpx file can be dragged to that location using Finder.  

• Helpful 2